Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, I was just researching exhaust and I want something so when I pull up in my svt that people look at me like I got a million dollars under the hood. I'd like it to sound really nice and american some what like a srt 4. Please give me some ideas guys. Thanks alot

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
just cut off everything after your exhaust header [:D]

·
Registered
370 Posts
random technologies high flow cat with a magnaflow muffler welded in place of your stock then have the piping run under your rear axle and get a universal canister exhaust, magnaflow has one with a 2.5 inlet and 4 inch tip coming out at an angle. that would sound so mean people would get scared (trust me i know, i have this same setup, except i have and apexi N1 canister)

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
OrangeSVTguy said:
just cut off everything after your exhaust header [:D]
Why not remove the exhaust header too? Then you could have flames shooting out of your grille! w00t! [woot]

·
Registered
279 Posts
just run straight pipes from your header to the back of the car can't get louder than that. A light weight fly wheel will make it sould so mean it will scar the colbalt ss away

·
Registered
287 Posts
No offense but why do you want the loudest exhaust? I have a buddy who has a honda civic with a jr high flow cat and a 2.25 all the way back and it sounds like crap. I told him it sounds like a sport bike taking off everytime he pulls out. I even gave him money to buy a resonator to make his car sound a little better. Personally, I think there are enough ricers around with the welded on fart can. Don't disparage the svt by making it sound like a riced out honda. What you need (IMHO) is a R/T high flow cat and a borla cat-back to get that deep american sound.

A turbo wouldn't hurt either ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sorry but, im new to this what does a orp and FI mean? and will i get a nice exhaust that crackles because thats what im aiming towards

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
silverbullet114 said:
sorry but, im new to this what does a orp and FI mean? and will i get a nice exhaust that crackles because thats what im aiming towards
An "Orp" is a mystical creature from the 9th Dimesion of Aquaticus. It feeds on nuts, berries, small woodland creatures, and the homeless.

"FI" is "Freakin' Idiot", made popular by Napolean Dynamite.

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Skip the ORP and just get a race header. If you want it obnoxiously loud, just run straight pipe all the way back. That'll get the chicks attention. [woot]

·
Registered
88 Posts
silverbullet114 said:
hey, I was just researching exhaust and I want something so when I pull up in my svt that people look at me like I got a million dollars under the hood. I'd like it to sound really nice and american some what like a srt 4. Please give me some ideas guys. Thanks alot
"something nice and american" then you refer to a turbo 4-banger instead of a V8? um ok

We have a naturally aspirated 4-banger. If loud is what your wanting, NOTHING will make our SVT not sound like a pissed off weed wacker. Having a turbo in the exhaust path changes the exhaust note considerably. This is why the SRT4 doesnt sould like complete ass without a muffler.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts