Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently have svt struts and springs on my zx3, but i am intending to upgrade to the eibach pro springs and struts - anyone know of the ideal camber for the pro-kit?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Did you adjust camber when you installed the svt components? Do you plan on selling the svt springs after the swap? I'd be interested in them; also how many miles are on the svt parts? [:D]

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, after receiving an e-mail that there has finally been a reply to my post, well, let's just say i wasn't expecting a svt suspension transaction. but fair questions are fair questions...
yes, i did have the camber adjusted when the svt suspension was installed. but no, the (insert descriptive expletive here) tire shop (BIG-O) set the alignment to a standard zx3 after i handed them the specs for the svt. (they were confused, so they looked up my vin). i know the parameters for the "alignment specs" of the foci from ford are so vast that "factory specs" may almost include a wheel mounted sideways, but it is still the first place to start. anyway...yeah, i have ordered the eibachs - i don't intend to keep the svt springs/struts or sell them - so, what that means is that if you want them they are yours for the low low price of shipping. i know, and it isn't even your birthday. and to answer your last question - no less than 15,000 miles but no more than 20,000 miles.
but, you have an st/ isn't that the same suspension as the svt?

·
Registered
649 Posts
haha, yeah sorry to trick you with an off-topic post [:D] I do have an st, and it has dampers similar to the svtf, and also identical sways. But the springs are standard-Focus, which means taller and "rollier", so I'd like to upgrade. That low low price sounds a bit high, can't I talk you down? [hihi] Hehe, just kiddin - I definately appreciate your generosity! I'd be happy to pay shipping - could you let me know what it would be to zip 48170?

Also, where did you come by the correct parts/specs for camber and alignment for a non-svt? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts