Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you seen my focus, i have retrofitted projectors. Well, for the few who know about projectors, I have the morimoto Mini H1 projectors. They produce a nice cutoff line with little color. With the E55 projectors, they produce the same cutoff. Well now Hella came out with a newly revised E55 called the EvoX-R which have a wider beam and better cutoff color.

Here are links for the Projectors:

EvoX-R

Morimoto Mini H1

Reading up on reviews and comparison, The mini has a more intense beam compared to the EvoX-R but the EvoX-R has a wider beam, colorful cutoff, and 3" clear lens.

Now going from Halogens to the MH1 setup, I've already seen a better light output in width and distance and I just LOVE that color flicker.

Now the real question, should i go for the EvoX-Rs or keep the MH1s?

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Evos, always step up ur game cause there is always someone doing the same. Now im interested in the evos for my machs lol I wonder if the bolt pattern is the same. I already have clear lenses and 5kno bulbs.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
It says they are the same! And dang I thought I was done with my machs lol.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol.. With the evo's they state they can be mounted through the Reflector mount. I still have my reflector mount inside my housing. They're 25 bucks more than my MH1s, is $25 worth it for Wider beams but a slightly duller beam? Thats pretty iffy. This is why im asking opinions..

Hell, my MH1s are able to to fully illuminate a 4 lane hwy. Thats only with 35w Morimoto capsules and ballast...

**edit**

do u have a thread about ur mach? if not what you doing to them? (assume retrofit)

MH1 = 2.5" clear lens
Evox = 3.0" clear lens = wider light.

**edit**

I also remember that since my lamps are deep, my beams is slightly cut off from the reflector blocking it. I know the E55s are slightly bigger in depth than the MH1s. That may fix my cutoff width...

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Go for it and if you get rid of your old ones i want first dibs!

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just may... I'll buy them sometime in Jan.. Since christmas is coming up, I rather please my wife with gifts than myself with gifts. =]

·
Registered
259 Posts
Light bulb just went off in my dome piece..... Are you saying that the e55 will mount right into the existing reflector in my headlights???? I have stock zx3 first gen

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I just may... I'll buy them sometime in Jan.. Since christmas is coming up, I rather please my wife with gifts than myself with gifts. =]
Number 1 rule of Marriage, "Happy Wife=Happy Life"
Im in the same boat, except I still have her birthday (in 3 weeks) and Christmas for the little ones, then I can think about getting myself something nice.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Yeah I'm in the same boat I didnt expect to have to pay for new rims...but when it boils down to it it's cheaper then buying an eos rebel LOL. I promised mandy a laptop...and hey she's getting me a trip to the bahama's :)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Yeah I'm in the same boat I didnt expect to have to pay for new rims...but when it boils down to it it's cheaper then buying an eos rebel LOL. I promised mandy a laptop...and hey she's getting me a trip to the bahama's :)
Photographers everywhere are crying! :( :( :(

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Light bulb just went off in my dome piece..... Are you saying that the e55 will mount right into the existing reflector in my headlights???? I have stock zx3 first gen

Yes, the new e55 aka evox-r can be mounted through the reflector mount . Imo, this is much much easier than the mh1.

·
PARTS HUNTER
3,001 Posts
Lol.. With the evo's they state they can be mounted through the Reflector mount. I still have my reflector mount inside my housing. They're 25 bucks more than my MH1s, is $25 worth it for Wider beams but a slightly duller beam? Thats pretty iffy. This is why im asking opinions..

Hell, my MH1s are able to to fully illuminate a 4 lane hwy. Thats only with 35w Morimoto capsules and ballast...

**edit**

do u have a thread about ur mach? if not what you doing to them? (assume retrofit)

MH1 = 2.5" clear lens
Evox = 3.0" clear lens = wider light.

**edit**

I also remember that since my lamps are deep, my beams is slightly cut off from the reflector blocking it. I know the E55s are slightly bigger in depth than the MH1s. That may fix my cutoff width...
Svt mach headlights come with e55 projectors stock. I took the projector out removed the upper shield, added clear lenses and 5k bulbs. I have a thread comparison with stock machs(my buddy) and my modded machs sideby side.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i knew machs came with e55 projectors.. I was wondering what you were doing to it. Maybe upgrade the projectors... who knows... there's alot of things you can do to a projector to suite your needs..

·
Registered
578 Posts
ive got the e55 and im wondering if the housing will limit how wide of a beam you can lay down. assuming you just swap for the same location. i will take a quick look at how my beam fits my housing and get back to you. i dont think there is as much as a problem with the beam shining out the sides but maybe more of a problem on the overlap down the center....

and as for the retrofit into the first gen foci, it will. you just need to be careful of what shroud you get with what projector

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i do have an issue where it is reflected to the side. its not awful but its still there. Im just a damn perfectionist..

·
Registered
259 Posts
Well in your opinion which projectors and shrouds do you suggest for the first gen fofo?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Well the e55 are a larger projector and i chose the apollo shrouds which are large too. But they do make mini shrouds for the h1 projectors.

You should first find a light pattern/projector you like. I chose the e55 for the even beam pattern, the wide beam, and the awesome highbeams. Then from there chose from the shrouds that will fit it. It seems that there are 2 sizes for each shroud. Regular and extended. The apollos matched the styling of the gen 2s grille and the bars that go across the lights.. I had no idea of their size versus the size of the reflector they were going in. Turned out to be a perfect fit. Having a gen 1 you can choose any style and have it look awesome.

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If your going projector bi-xeon take note there is two style of high beam pattern, table top and circle. The Morimoto have a circle style hi where as few better projectors use a table top style.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
You guys are putting up some great info! I like the idea of a larger projector in our big stock headlights to fill it out a lot better.
From what I'm seeing, the e55's with the Apollo's sounds like a winner.

Bob

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
E55 = more hands on work

MH1 = Drop in and call it a day!

It really just boils down on the type of the shroud you use. The MH1 can use the Apollo shroud. IMO i LOVE the MH1 cutoff line compared to the E55 cutoff. But i would love to get some hands on the S2k projectors...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts