Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about putting a plywood trunk cover in my trunk, under the carpet to give it a more solid load floor instead of having one with the spare tire cover, anyone else thought of this one? Probably going to require it be in 2 pieces to install it. Your thoughts and opinions are welcome.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I did this its looks good and its functional
IMG]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm195/hillsjnn/IMG_0924.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
^^ vv Fixed ;)

I'm asking: Why? If you have spare tire under that oem thin wood cover you can still put something heavy and it wont fall or something? Unless you don't have spare, then I see the point.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I'm looking to do this too because that rear carpet and my speaker box slides all over the place.

I would do the ply wood and carpet the plywood with that speaker box carpet and spray adhesive.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking plywood under the carpet, so it looks normal and is light weight, just has a flatter floor on it.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
i just put a street sign that i "aquired"(spelling??) where the spare tire is for more support...and it works just fine.

·
Registered
442 Posts
^haha nice

i want to cut out the spare tire well and make like a trapdoor with a wheel strapped to it or something...i keep a full size spare but they dont fit in the spot. i think after im done with next semester ill get a torch and maybe give it a shot.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
There was someone who created a box for a full size SVT 5 spoke wheel. Actually looked pretty cool. See if I can find it...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i took a piece of dimond plate and cut it up to fit back there in place of the cheapo flimsy trunk bottom...i got a full sheet of dimond plate for free so it didn't even cost me a dime! :)

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
i just got one made cause my car was leaking water and the stock one was starting to mold.

ill take pics and measure it for you tomarow.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I,ve been thinking about lining the inside of the trunk and raising the floor. To fit a full size spare and make it look better. I still need to take measurements but the idea is pretty solid. Its going to be a lot of work but i have all the tools just need the time.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Does anyone have a measurement of an 18 tire on rim from front to back (bottom to top won't work because of the weight on the tire.) and also the width. I need these so i can start to design the box that will house my spare. I'll post pick once i start the work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts