Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if any of you guys know about this mess but the honda/mitsubishi/ricers in general in the hickory area, more specifically the highway 70 area are absolutely aweful on friday and saturday nights say between 7pm and 2am. there is a couple mile stretch of 70 right at Catawba Valley Community College, aka CVCC, where on the weekends the roads get so crowded with cruisers and ricers going in circles up and down the stretch that you can barely breath. I have a little sticker on my 3rd brake light that says HONDA KILLER specifically for the purpose of pissing off the ricers and then breaking off a peice in their... well you get the idea. the only problem is that i am one of possibly 5 foci that cruise ever and that is being generous because i HAVE seen them but never on weekends so im always the lone focus out there. and out of those possible 5 im probably the only one who is a member to this forum. we should have a little get together sometime and cruise that little stretch some. be warned! if the cruise happens between the hours i listed in the location i gave there is a good chance of bad things happening. hickory drivers are insane all the time and they just take it to an even higher extreme on those cruising nights, so i could easily come up with alternate places to cruise in the country away from the crazy traffic if that were a preferance. and also in case you dont know, hickory is THE place in NC to go if you want to go out to eat. i mean we only have a bazillion restaurants lining just that little strip of 70. we also have several theatres, a few tuner shops altho none focus on the focus, the hickory motor speedway, batting cages, pool, bowling, bars and strip clubs for those of us who are of age, and put-put for those who aren't. also i know of several secluded parking lots with plenty of open space to hold lots of people, and lots of skid marks where the police dont bother you. there is one in particular boat access that would probably be an excellent place to have a cookout prior to an event like drag racing in wilksboro, shelby, moorsville, est. or just simply going cruising. there are docks there for fishing, and swimming, if any1 has a v8 focus around they could tow out their boat. im not sure on the legality of actually having a cookout or swimming around there but it is a public boat access so we can completely legally gather and fish there with no worries. i can check with a few friends in local law enforcement about it if any1 is interested. im just throwing that idea out there for us sometime probably after the start of the new year. with christmas right around the corner i doubt may people could or would even want to come out right now. but any way let me know what you guys think. would any1 be interested in coming up? feel free to bash if you want and i wont get mad. i love criticism as long as its constructive.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Hickory has a pretty good sportcompact scene man. Down here in Gastonia, there's mostly mustangs and camaros. They hate all of us import kids and us too. I started a club last year and we do traveling meets. Nc and SC usually around the Charlotte area. You are welcome at our meets. We will have another meet after Christmas. Don't think too bad of all of the import kids, some of the ones in Hickory have nice cars. I remember some really nice ones from cruising up there. The ricers on the other hand are the same everywhere. Kids with an intake and can on a stock engine who think they're in Fast and Furious on the big screen. I thought bolt on were great until I boosted my car too.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Sounds like you have some good ideas already, Chase. I'd be up for a meet/eat/cruise some Saturday after the first of the year. I feel sure we could pull in the SFT guys to caravan up the highway to meet up with you, and we might get some other local people to come out as well. Remind me again after the first, and I'll see if I can help you organize something.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that would be awesome. i might have a bit of a suprise by then that's bound to blow some peoples minds. im helping cook up something very very big for a buddy of mine with a miata. we wont be going far with it due to piss poor fuel economy but it would make a good conversation peice and something to druel over while the brauts cook on the grill. i still need to check if we could host anything at the lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts