Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright this is my plan. i want to get ONE cam sprocket. somewhere i heard that the stock intake cam gear is fine and wont give you much hp if you get adjustables. i want to just get an exhaust cam gear then. what do you guys think about that? is this correct?
thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
im not sure where u heard that. but u need to more or less tune the two together. the only reason to get one cam gear is if u have vct or somethig of that sort on one of the cams. if you are paying for a cam gear, and then paying for dyno time, might as well get both so you can yield maximum gains. every focus' cams are set different so one focus might have an optimal setting on the intake cam and one may have the worst.

·
Registered
510 Posts
SVT only. I read that in the focus builders handbook, they only did the exhaust cam because "the intake cam has elec cam timing advances and retards the intake cam according to parameters in the cpu"(from the book). The exhaust cam does not have this.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
i told him focal lol j/k nah i didnt as you can see im training my brain about all this cam, head package,valves,springs, retainers, and like camshafts. my brain is hurting trust me! you know. lol : )

·
Registered
793 Posts
Zarelli6 said:
hmm ok well so much for that idea, thought i may be able to save a little $$$
You cant really go cheap when it comes to that kinda stuff but nice try lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts