Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an MIL saying: IAT sensor circuit high input. I have no clue what that means, can someone help me please. I would like to know what it means, thanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The Intake Air Temperature (IAT) sensors (Figure 34) and integrated Mass Air Flow (MAF) type (Figure 37), are thermistor devices in which resistance changes with temperature. The electrical resistance of a thermistor decreases as the temperature increases, and increases as the temperature decreases. The varying resistance affects the voltage drop across the sensor terminals and provides electrical signals to the PCM corresponding to temperature.

Thermistor-type sensors are considered passive sensors. A passive sensor is connected to a voltage divider network so that varying the resistance of the passive sensor causes a variation in total current flow.

Voltage that is dropped across a fixed resistor in a series with the sensor resistor determines the voltage signal at the PCM. This voltage signal is equal to the reference voltage minus the voltage drop across the fixed resistor.

The IAT provides air temperature information to the PCM. The PCM uses the air temperature information as a correction factor in the calculation of fuel spark and MAF.

The IAT sensor provides a quicker temperature change response time than the ECT or CHT sensor

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it turned out to be that the maf sensor my car had on was the wrong sensor. that damn mechanic who put my new engine in jipped me and replaced my maf sensor with sum other ford pos maf sensor. I had the bbk maf sensor on it since it came with the kit, and just the other day when I was looking into it a bit more, I noticed how the sensor only had 4 prongs instead of six, so I took the sensor back to that pos mechanic, and he denied ever having switched the sensor, stating that it was like that when he put it in. So now I have to retune it with the stock svt maf, and move the IAT sensor below the jrsc so I can have true IAT readings. I'll fill you all in on how everything goes. Thanks for the help fellas, I appreciate it.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
dont you hate those dirty SOBs. i knocked a guy out for pulling a similar line of bull with me. needless to say we found the part i was looking for. it was in his pocket

1 - 6 of 6 Posts