Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what temperature is the "danger zone" as far as air intake temps are concerned?

I did a pull yesterday and seen it go as high as 240 and aborted immediatly. Meth injection kit is in the mail.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
You may need to go one step richer on your fuel jet with your nitrous. What kind of kit are you running? 240 is way high..

·
FF Affiliate
31,089 Posts
With these Temp and humidity those temps dont surprise me ,but are to high unless your randy at fs and he sais there fine to do with the fs sc kit and i think thats BS

A meth injection kit will help for safety BUT DO NOT TUNE FOR THE WATER METH install it and run it like it is for safety and not for performance

At about 195 to 200 lift even tho the ECU sees the temp and tries to adjust for it I do not feel anything more then 195 to 200 is safe

Tom

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, not on nitrous. I now have a Vortech on my car.

Tom, when I did this pull it was 92* outside with 90* humidity.

The meth injection kit will be used ONLY and I repeat ONLY to cool the intake charge. I will not add timing or boost simply because I have it.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Wow, that is hot then, but you have the right man on the job with Tom, so please continue on.

Sorry I didn't realize you had gone with the vortech and ditched the nitrous.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, you definitely need to get that worked out. When my car was tuned, Tom stressed to Ray about not going over 190* and then taking another 2% out of that...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
2.0TooSlow said:

I did a pull yesterday and seen it go as high as 240 and aborted immediatly. Meth injection kit is in the mail.
...My question and comment . Where are you planning to place the meth nozzle in your intake?? I've got the Snow performance kit installed and can't use it cause it floods and shorts the TPS ...[mad]

·
Registered
666 Posts
I thought about using that as a safety tool also....can the nozzle be placed on the manifold itself just behind the TB flange; maybe on the bottom side? Perhaps tapped into the TB itself just behind the butterfly? I also want to get my hands on a J&S safeguard ayone have one/ know how to hook one up?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts