Focus Fanatics Forum banner

IA Key Fob Part #

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  underbird10 
#1 ·
Anyone have the Ford part number for the IA Key fob? I would like to have a spare if it's reasonable.

#4 ·
Yes, I saw that one, but if you Google 15K601, it shows just a standard keyfob from the old days. I'm puzzled by this.

#5 ·
The IA fob, I assume has a chip or something special in it for the proximity features to work properly, so the standard Keyhead transmitter won't work in pace of the IA key, I'm thinking.

Thanks for the info though...

#6 ·
If you follow the link I gave there's 3 parts with that same code. There's gotta be further indication of the different models but I couldn't figure it out.

Take 85$ as a starting point, then go to your dealer and ask them what it will cost to order you one. /shrug
Posted via FF Mobile

#7 ·
Yes, my point exactly. I saw that diagram last night and thought (they're showing multiple parts with the same number). I know there's a real Ford part # somewhere, similar to this (F87Z15K601AA), but just haven't stumbled accross it yet. If I find it, I'll post it for all to see.

#10 ·
I got the standard two, but I'm kinda retentive about things like this, so a spare just gives me peace of mind if I misplace one. I tend to keep a third PATS key and fob for all my cars that use them. It's a lot cheaper to program one yourself in advance than to go to the dealer after you've lost one and have them make one. At least for the PATS key, you have to have two originals to program a third yourself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.