Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
do a quick search for acetone. This has been discussed to death and no real evidence it does anything has been shown.

·
Registered
442 Posts
great way to keep your injectors clean, its same thing that you get in the bottles off the counter minus the ounces of high octance fuel mixed in.

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Also a great way to eat your rubber hoses.

But like goinloco said, it has been discused about 10 trillion times.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think that Myth busters tried putting acetone into a car to test mileage a while back. Their results were no gain in mileage with the acetone. That’s good enough for me to not bother with it.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
I think that Myth busters tried putting acetone into a car to test mileage a while back. Their results were no gain in mileage with the acetone. That’s good enough for me to not bother with it.
Damn straight. I'll trust what ever that red head has to say, pigs can fly, moon is made of cheese. I just nod and agree [thumb]

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Damn straight. I'll trust what ever that red head has to say, pigs can fly, moon is made of cheese. I just nod and agree [thumb]

LoL while I agree, I found it hiliarous that your avatar matches your comment...

·
Registered
342 Posts
i have been adding acetone for some time now almost a year.when i forget to add it, after 2-3 fill ups my mileage starts to drop. [werd] now i have a zetec dont know about the duratec

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
i have been adding acetone for some time now almost a year.when i forget to add it, after 2-3 fill ups my mileage starts to drop. [werd] now i have a zetec dont know about the duratec

Odd. I've heard the same sort of response from crack addicts. [nutkick]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts