Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[burnout]
Ok well i dont wanna fart can on my focus cause every time i hear one on a civic or w/e i wanna take the owner and beat the shit out of them....(i might need anger managment on that one) [mad] but coming from having a grand marquis with 2 44's on her i was wondering how a focus would sound without the muffler?
O . o
Now give me a break here..this is my first new car and i have no idea if just taking the muffler off and extanding the pipe would be a good idea...or one huge side of fail
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Um ok and where would that be located and look like? All i had to do in my last car is take the pipes off and put on the new ones. Sorry but I kinda want to keep this car nice and clean and dont want it to be as loud as the 44's

Thanks and I know I am a newb but this is my first focus and i will baby the crap out of it... until a turbo..[}:)]

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Huge helping of fail with a side of voided warranty.
Wait.. how the that voids the warranty?? I mean its a muffler and it not any part of the engine

·
Registered
366 Posts
Shit Just realized your talking about you brand new 2012 , DON'T DO IT Leave it as is, your going to void you warranty !
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shit Just realized your talking about you brand new 2012 , DON'T DO IT Leave it as is, your going to void you warranty !
Posted via FF Mobile
Dam so i am shit out of luck until some ford parts come out i take it? I really want to play around with my focus...kinda feels like your ass crack is itching and you know you want to scratch it [idea] but you cant cause people are looking

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=12976

DO NOT HACK ON A NEW MUFFLER, try out this guy here^^^. or some other reputable cat back system. your focus is a 4 cylinder it will not respond to cheap mufflers and stock piping like your V8.
Ok I saw that... thats why I wanted to just delete the muffler from the back of my focus...
Also if i had a place, i mean like unauthorized ford part palce, put on a borla or some other muffler, would it void?

·
Registered
217 Posts
By altering your exhaust you"ll be tinkering with the emissions part of your warranty. Thats what you'll void. I wouldn't do it.......yet

·
Registered
164 Posts
It will not give you a nice sound anyway. If you want a more aggressive sound, install a performance air filter and throw on the Ford Racing cat back system.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
It will not give you a nice sound anyway. If you want a more aggressive sound, install a performance air filter and throw on the Ford Racing cat back system.
Do both, install the better intake and remove the resonator near the back and it sounds alot better IMO

·
Registered
218 Posts
What does the Ford Racing cat back sound like?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
When you remove the lunchbox thing in the back it just raises the stock sound a little. Not really bad but enough you can hear it in the car. Then the intake raises that sound in the front. Some people dont like it or think its a problem with the car. People not into cars usually

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
For all of you who don't know about how warranties work... here's a tidbit. I've dealt with my fair share of warranty claims coming from a fully bolted Mazdaspeed 3.

You cannot VOID any part of your warranty. Your dealership can choose to deny or accept your claim and perform the repair based on that. If they deny your claim you have the right to fight it and demand that they explain to you without the shadow of a doubt that what you've altered on the car is what caused the issue at hand.

At the end of it... if your warranty claim is accepted and the work performed, Ford still has to submit the information and get audited. If they're found to have done the work to a car that the corporation or third party warranty part provider doesn't agree with the claim on, they don't have to credit the dealership and they pay out of pocket while you get off. Dealerships will deny claims for that reason, at the risk of losing your business and not getting paid either way.

At least this is my understanding of it after having talked to warranty reps on the MS3 forums, a lot of those guys go through hell and back to get claims accepted.

Simply removing a resonator should in NO WAY cause a denial of warranty. The resonator isn't part of the emissions system, it's only there to help quiet the car and smooth out the exhaust flow. But since resonators are post-cat and cats are the final defense against pollution, your resonators in no way affect emissions.

If you have questions, talk to your dealership... they can tell you whether or not down the line if you have an exhaust issue if they'll cover it or not. Of course if you have a piece welded in place of the resonator and those welds aren't great and you have an exhaust leak... there's nothing Ford will do to help you about that, that's your own issue.

Needless to say... this is an economy car... if you want sound wait for a real exhaust to come out, like the Ford cat-back, don't go having someone hack up your brand new exhaust.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
^^ thank you.

and hell just go to a muffler shop and have them build you something. it won't be like your Mercury (naturally) but I'm sure you'll be the first one to have one with sound as it seems like everyone is too scared to do it. I would personally keep at least a small resonator in the system as THAT cuts down on that crap you hate (rasp).

·
Registered
136 Posts
I would also be worried that just going with a straight pipe might lower the back pressure enough to cause some 02 sensor to go nuts trying to correct something. I'm not positive that would happen but with these new cars its so hard to tell. Seems like there's a sensor every four inches.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
straight pipe will be very loud unless you are turbo'd..... The mazda I have is straight piped and it's not terribly loud but that's because it's boosted.

yours on the other hand (and my focus when it was running, straight piped for fun) will be very loud at least put a muffler on it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts