Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is starting to get embarrassing for my dealer!

I did a factory order on the 11th of July, 6 weeks later I called for an update, they said that the order has been received by Ford but there was no VIN or build date. I asked them what the holdup was and they had no idea, they then told me it was because their allotment for Titanium's had reached its max and couldn't tell me when I would get my car. I was very upset because they neglected to tell me this when I placed the order! I ended up going to another dealer and asked them to sell me a Titanium that was coming to them, but because of some "unwritten rule" they wouldn't step on the other dealers toes. They did however contact the original dealer to work out a solution that would work in my favor, eventually they agreed to let the my dealer tag that car for sale to me.
Jump ahead a week, (last Tuesday) my dealer calls me to inform me that employee pricing was ending and I needed to come in a do the paperwork for the car. My Wife and I went in on Wednesday to get everything organized, however the financial end of the deal was a complete mess. When I originally did the factory order I was given a set of numbers (interest rate, monthly payment) that I used to make the decision to go ahead with the order. They said the trade, interest rate, and employee pricing was guaranteed, they did say that the final monthly payment was going to be a little off the final but only by + or - 5 dollars, which I was fine with. When I got in there I told them that I was putting 3000 dollars more down that I originally wanted to so the payment was less, when he punched the new numbers in he says your new payment is XXX, even with that 3000 dollars down that was 47 dollars more than they original quote. There was an 800 dollar difference in the cost of the car but I was still reducing the total cost to barrow by 2200 dollars. I looked compared his paper work and all his original numbers where messed up compared to the new paper work, we battled for 45 min over the interest rate eventually they caved and got me the original quoted rate. Then we battled for another 45 min over the messed up numbers, in the end I told them get rid of the 485 dollars documentation fee, and bumped up my trade or I'm walking. They took about 20 min to come to a decision but eventually they agreed. After it was all sorted out, and the papers were signed they told me I needed to put insurance on the car to satisfy the employee pricing restrictions, yeah that's right, insurance on a car that's still in transit! It would have been nice of them to offer that information from the beginning. At any rate it was only going to be 5-7 days so we went and waited for the insurance broker thinking well at least that's over with.

T H I N K A G A I N

As we're waiting the sales manager asks us to come into his office, he informs us that the car they just sold us had been sold 4 days ago to another customer. When they tagged that car from the second dealer everyone who knew anything about it went on days off and neglected to tell anyone about it. So another happy couple walked in wanting a 2012 Focus Titanium and were told "we're out of stock, but let me just check the computer, oh wait we have a White 2012 Titanium loaded coming in soon, would you like that one". Unfriggen believable! So now they're scrambling tying to find another car to bring in to sell us.

Most people are going to tell me to get the hell out of there and go somewhere else, but I've got employee pricing locked in, and my trade locked in (Which is a few grand more than other places will give me). I don't need the car tomorrow, now I have more ammo to take to Ford and to take to the dealership manage who I have a meeting with in 58 min. I'm going to see what else I can get out of them.

I had problems with them the last time I bought a car off them, they told me I was getting 23,000 for my trade in when in fact it was only 22,000, they just added a 1,000 incentive to the trade in value of the car and not removed it from the price of the vehicle like they should have, I didn't even know about the incentive, they would have got away with it but I picked it up in the paper work just before I signed. The only reason I went back is because the sales person was awesome!

Sorry for the long read!

·
Registered
68 Posts
my goodness..... time to find another dealer. If this deal gets finalized and you get the vehicle as you expect, I would be pleased for you. After that... I would never darken their doors again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feel like I got excellent service and the salesman was quite clear that the built to order Focuses were out of the question because they were selling so fast and supplies were trickling in and dealer information and transfers were jamming everything up.

Ultimately, it's why I don't have the 302A package. I think I said that right, the leather seats, the rear assist and the extra cup holder armrest or something.

I'm not saying you got wonderful service or anything. I am simply acknowledging that made to order 2012s are tricky to come by right now.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel like I got excellent service and the salesman was quite clear that the built to order Focuses were out of the question because they were selling so fast and supplies were trickling in and dealer information and transfers were jamming everything up.

Ultimately, it's why I don't have the 302A package. I think I said that right, the leather seats, the rear assist and the extra cup holder armrest or something.

I'm not saying you got wonderful service or anything. I am simply acknowledging that made to order 2012s are tricky to come by right now.
Did you even read my post? Availability of the Focus wasn't even close to the topic!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Dunno about where you live, but in canada employee pricing was extended until the end of the month - id walk

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dunno about where you live, but in canada employee pricing was extended until the end of the month - id walk

Sent from my SGH-T959D using FF Mobile
They though it might but didn't want to risk missing out on it.

Anyways, the meeting went we'll for me anyways.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
They though it might but didn't want to risk missing out on it.

Anyways, the meeting went we'll for me anyways.
IMHO, and at the expense of the other customers... the car is yours. The dealership has direct contact with Ford if need be and the car you ordered through them several several weeks ago doesn't seem to be moving anywhere and you were never told. You were misinformed several times throughout the process by them, and they sold the car to you, and you did the paperwork, despite several setbacks throughout, regarding numbers that at the time of ordering were set in stone.

You were the customer first, and so if you ask me the car should be yours. I understand the others won't be happy to hear this but personally from a customer service perspective, whoever came first ready to pay gets the product. You were there ready to order (and did order) weeks and weeks ago, they can't even give you an update, beat around the bush the second time around with your financial situation, and now they come at you with this BS?

Screw that. An unhappy customer is nothing compared to the business you could affect just by telling people about the process you've had with them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is starting to get embarrassing for my dealer!

I did a factory order on the 11th of July, 6 weeks later I called for an update, they said that the order has been received by Ford but there was no VIN or build date. I asked them what the holdup was and they had no idea, they then told me it was because their allotment for Titanium's had reached its max and couldn't tell me when I would get my car. I was very upset because they neglected to tell me this when I placed the order! I ended up going to another dealer and asked them to sell me a Titanium that was coming to them, but because of some "unwritten rule" they wouldn't step on the other dealers toes. They did however contact the original dealer to work out a solution that would work in my favor, eventually they agreed to let the my dealer tag that car for sale to me.
Jump ahead a week, (last Tuesday) my dealer calls me to inform me that employee pricing was ending and I needed to come in a do the paperwork for the car. My Wife and I went in on Wednesday to get everything organized, however the financial end of the deal was a complete mess. When I originally did the factory order I was given a set of numbers (interest rate, monthly payment) that I used to make the decision to go ahead with the order. They said the trade, interest rate, and employee pricing was guaranteed, they did say that the final monthly payment was going to be a little off the final but only by + or - 5 dollars, which I was fine with. When I got in there I told them that I was putting 3000 dollars more down that I originally wanted to so the payment was less, when he punched the new numbers in he says your new payment is XXX, even with that 3000 dollars down that was 47 dollars more than they original quote. There was an 800 dollar difference in the cost of the car but I was still reducing the total cost to barrow by 2200 dollars. I looked compared his paper work and all his original numbers where messed up compared to the new paper work, we battled for 45 min over the interest rate eventually they caved and got me the original quoted rate. Then we battled for another 45 min over the messed up numbers, in the end I told them get rid of the 485 dollars documentation fee, and bumped up my trade or I'm walking. They took about 20 min to come to a decision but eventually they agreed. After it was all sorted out, and the papers were signed they told me I needed to put insurance on the car to satisfy the employee pricing restrictions, yeah that's right, insurance on a car that's still in transit! It would have been nice of them to offer that information from the beginning. At any rate it was only going to be 5-7 days so we went and waited for the insurance broker thinking well at least that's over with.

T H I N K A G A I N

As we're waiting the sales manager asks us to come into his office, he informs us that the car they just sold us had been sold 4 days ago to another customer. When they tagged that car from the second dealer everyone who knew anything about it went on days off and neglected to tell anyone about it. So another happy couple walked in wanting a 2012 Focus Titanium and were told "we're out of stock, but let me just check the computer, oh wait we have a White 2012 Titanium loaded coming in soon, would you like that one". Unfriggen believable! So now they're scrambling tying to find another car to bring in to sell us.

Most people are going to tell me to get the hell out of there and go somewhere else, but I've got employee pricing locked in, and my trade locked in (Which is a few grand more than other places will give me). I don't need the car tomorrow, now I have more ammo to take to Ford and to take to the dealership manage who I have a meeting with in 58 min. I'm going to see what else I can get out of them.

I had problems with them the last time I bought a car off them, they told me I was getting 23,000 for my trade in when in fact it was only 22,000, they just added a 1,000 incentive to the trade in value of the car and not removed it from the price of the vehicle like they should have, I didn't even know about the incentive, they would have got away with it but I picked it up in the paper work just before I signed. The only reason I went back is because the sales person was awesome!

Sorry for the long read!
Ford Family/Employee pricing has been extended until September 30th. Go to another dealer, leave these a-holes and deal with a respectable dealer. It's dealerships like this that give the industry as a whole a bad reputation.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Why am I going back? I'm no longer in a rush for the car, the dealer has acknowledged their mistakes and are making steps to compensate me for what's happend. At this point I'm already getting 2,000 more for my trade in then any other dealer will, they're trying to get me special interest rate, they've removed the documentation fees and it looks like I'll be getting a 500 dollars gas card. So why would I go to another dealer at this point. I've been treated like crap so far but they're trying to make it right, and with the deal I'm getting I would be stupid not to give them a chance.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Walk into another dealership with this current deal in hand. Let them know that you'd already be driving a new Focus if the first dealer hadn't screwed you and see if they'll match the deal.

One thing a car dealership loves to do is sell cars.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Walk into another dealership with this current deal in hand. Let them know that you'd already be driving a new Focus if the first dealer hadn't screwed you and see if they'll match the deal.

One thing a car dealership loves to do is sell cars.

Posted via FF Mobile
Here's the catch... if that second dealership is any inconvenient distance away compared to the first, good luck having the first treat you with respect. Even if they mess up your sales process, dealerships don't like working on cars bought elsewhere (unless of course you just moved to the area, then they try to hook you in) they generally treat customers who bought there better than those who didn't.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's the catch... if that second dealership is any inconvenient distance away compared to the first, good luck having the first treat you with respect. Even if they mess up your sales process, dealerships don't like working on cars bought elsewhere (unless of course you just moved to the area, then they try to hook you in) they generally treat customers who bought there better than those who didn't.
The 2 dealers are 7 blocks from each other. lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good NEWS, the dealer found a car for us and it will be here tomorrow, its not the one we ordered, however its identical in every way. We still have to work out all the details, however it looks as if I was wise to give these guys a second chance. The sale manager called me and told me that the GM of the dealerships had prepared a special deal just for us as compensation for this issues we've had with them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well in the end, we got the car we wanted, and a great deal. We picked it up yesterday at around 5. I've only driven it once and that was home, I'm working on a bathroom reno right now and didn't have a hell of a lot of time last night, but it drives really nice! I'll take some pics today.

2012 Focus Titanium Sterling Gray, loaded - the parking package, 18" rims.

I don't know when the exact build date was however, it was released from the factory on Aug 28th.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congrats! You can see the build day on the door sticker and take your VIN and enter it in online. You know you'll have to post some pics, right?!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts