Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
lookin real nice and shiny ;) what did you use?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scotch brite pad,steel wool,1200 fine grit sand paper,1500 grit and rubbing compound.I used a buffer to polish it.I was going to do it by hand but it would of probably taken a relly long time.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
wow looks sweet, kinda wish i still had mine

maybe you should update your dp superchop with that shiny knob [:D]

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Looks great!

Just an idea... Do the same thing (again), except slap on some red or blue paint first.

That way the numbers will stand out and look awesome.

I bet it's ton of work, I ruined my stock knob messing around with stuff like this. so you might want to leave it as is, Because it looks good. I was just throwing idea's out.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i tried to to that at first but the blue or red wasn't really clear or bright as it should of been.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
OrangeSVTguy said:
wow looks sweet, kinda wish i still had mine

maybe you should update your dp superchop with that shiny knob [:D]
Lol, when/if I ever get mine to look that shiny...or any better then it is actually...i'll update it ;) I don't like to steal anyone else's pictures, especially since he went through all that trouble to make it look as clean as it is.

So now that i know what is used to make it look nice again...i'll have to find some time to make this my next project [:D]

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
i wish i had a svt...hell i wish i had a 5 speed...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Looks awesome!

Oh what i would give for just one more gear...

superchop - you going to thespeedlounge.com big g2g at e-town on tuesday?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
don't know...i have absolutely no information on it. Pm me with the details.

As for the 6th gear...what i would give to be able to use it more then once a week [;)] All i do is city driving so i rarely get to 5th.

·
Registered
758 Posts
looks great! really like the polished finised instead of a satin finish! if mine didn't have so many random surface scratches, I would have done the same!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SLVRbulletSVT03 said:
looks great! really like the polished finised instead of a satin finish! if mine didn't have so many random surface scratches, I would have done the same!
I have alot of scratches on it also but they were'nt deep scratches.I just sanded it down and scratches were gone.If you polish it with a buffer, make sure its at a low level.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts