Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up fanatics? I want to Import a Focus RS from Europe. I'm from Houston Tx. I am willing to pay cash for the car...So around how much will the RS set me back? Also does anybody know what kind of modifications would have to be performed in order to make the car street legal here?? One more question. How would I go about shipping the damn car? I know it will be a lot of paper work and bullshit like that but I am willing to stick with it in order to get the RS. Any info will help me out right now. Thank you.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Get with an European Dealership.......they will usually go the extra mile just to get some green....thus help you more than a US dealer..........

Although nowadays the Euro currency is higher than the Dollar so you might want to wait a little.....

Peace...

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
i would think it would cost you around the neighborhood of 40k but thats w/ an error of +/- a few 10k....

·
fOCUS Zetec 2.0
292 Posts
ha ha a few 10k lol so between 10k and 70k... lol. Just call up your local private importer, you know the lots that sell imported Jap cars etc. They should be able to help. And a Euro one too.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
It will cost a lot of money and red tape. Importing cars isn't easy; many modifications have to be made, and a couple have to be crashed, before its approved for import. Plus, the RS isn't made any more, so you'll have to settle for a used one.

Personally, I feel it would be easier and cheaper to make your own.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Why?? If money is no object, why deal with the governmental red tape and nonsense? Just spend less than it would cost to import the RS and build yourself a Focus that would leave the RS in the dust. You could even buy a new Focus, rather than a used RS, as someone already pointed out. Heck, if you wanted to you could even make it look like an RS with the purchase of the appropriate parts...

·
Registered
678 Posts
I agree with the building.. it will be more fun noticing every power gain.. I say build up a sedan that kills everything.. how come no one has built up a powerful sedan? offsubect.. haha

·
Registered
208 Posts
i actually called up a local ford dealership in the Dallas area and spoke with the sales manager... he told me someone already asked and the price for everything would be 60k. It included emissions, importing, bumpers, govt inspection and the like. But unfortunately no one in the U.S. except maybe a private car importer would do it.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
neojen there are a few powerful sedans, hell there are powerful wagons

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah...Maybe you guys are right. I've allways liked the SVT anyways.I could put that extra 40K to some good use for a turbo and other performance goodies!!...I owned a zx3 & a Kona editon before...then my brother converted me to Hondas. PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!...I have seen the light now. I shall never turn my back on the ford badge EVER again...I'm in love with these cars. Do you guys know of any other websites where I can get European parts for the SVT?? Thanks Guys.

·
Registered
990 Posts
grey market

i was invovled in grey market cars in the eighty's. there is no way you would want to get involved. it is possible to do, just very expensive and time consuming. under new rules 959's etal have been federalized, but at asteep price. the only other ways are one 1- a manufactuers short time exemption for testing or 2- certify that it will be a race car only.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've had dealings with these three and found them satifactory
US importer
German export
UK export

BTW, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the RS-I think for many on this board it is our dream car. But, if you are willing to spend all those bucks, I would think a hight end tuner shop of the caliber of say Jackson Racing in CA, could produce a Focus to rival the RS-fact I'm sure of it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx garyk.The other guys opened my eyes. I'm just gonna' stIck with buying the SVT and I'll just deck out everything I can, but thanx for the Info....PEACE![^]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I own 2 gray market bikes, it was easier in the 80's and like garyk said its a pain and I've heard the cars are really hard to do now, its a shame , cause japan and Europe get some cool stuff. I want a Lotus Elise before it was " Americanized"

·
Registered
990 Posts
vin

what you dont want an elise for 40k with a celica motor.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
What really kills me is how much weight it adds to cars like that to bring them into the US. I know I'm preaching to the choir with you. By the way, you have had one of my dream cars with the v8 TVR.
I think the toyota motor will be fine I just want the car before the pork!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts