Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im curious if or how much it will make it sound like rice. i do plan on getting headers in the future but im curious as to how much it will change the sound? i have a 2.25" cat back exhaust with a resonator so im hoping not much. id like it to be deep.

·
Registered
650 Posts
you know, the topic of your post, just doesn't seem right... :)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
it will change the sound, rice... well it depends on your definition. i have no idea how it will sound with a greddy muffler. anyways if ur talking about rice, isnt greddy a farty rice exhaust? dunno i guess its just my opinion.

it will be louder, and it my go raspy depending on your exhaust set up

·
Registered
930 Posts
ROFL...sorry..you might wanna change the title...

·
Registered
613 Posts
if it sounds like rice afterwards in your' opinion,
throw a resonator in the exhaust
if I could even consider getting a head I would do it in a heartbeat

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha i titled it like that on purpose muahaha. riiiight so anyway. hahaha naw but right now my set up doesnt sound tingy or like crapy rice. some have said it sounds airy from the back like im boosted. but overall its not bad. i guess ill just have to see what it will sound like with that head.....ER on. hehehe. but usually when i hear Greddy i think of WRX's. am i the only one?

·
Registered
613 Posts
oh you meant a header, I thought you meant head as in cylinder head

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
i hate these posts...

you put a header on your car and its going to sound like brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrbhrhbhbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhbrhbrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp something like that.

just do it or at least check out the exhaust sound clip thread....

all other mean sexual comments will be kept to myself.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
"I want to get head(ers) but..."

damn that is false advertising...

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
sits back and watches as the page hit counters go up [:p]

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
EricR said:
LOL! (I always wondered how to spell that!)
not to be confused with the honda exhaust sound which is more like brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr(vtec)BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
^^^^^[rofl] hahaha you make it sound so realistic and my computer is on mute!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
^ lol you and me both, buddy!

mods, perhaps you should rename this thread.... lol.....lol......hahahahahhaah....

lol

·
Premium Member
21,235 Posts
A header will make the car extremely loud from what others have written.

I wish I could tell you from personal experience. I've heard good things about the Borla 2.5" exhaust on here, and the TruBendz is VERY loud from what has been written. Of course, that also doesn't come with a resonator, so that might be part of the problem. I'd suggest either asking them for their resonator, or ordering a Flowtech glasspack to fit behind the cats as a resonator (that's what they all are anyway). The only downside to the Flowtech ($20) as compared to the TruBendz ($60) is that it definately won't be stainless steel. You'll have to call and ask Trubendz if their resonator is stainless or not. The Magnaflow muffler is basically an oversized glasspack unless they offer the XL-3 3 chamber Magnaflow as an option. You might want to ask them about that also if you go that route.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts