Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be getting my first car very soon. My budget is roughly 15,000 to 18,000$. I considered the 2012 Honda Civic LX and test drove it -- nice car, but I feel like Honda played it safe with only giving more MPG and that's it. Then I looked at the Ford Focus and went on the website, and I'm floored!

I want to remember my first car for power and personality and the Ford Focus seems to match that description (yet to test drive it). My question is :

I definitely want the automatic parallel parking assist, bluetooth, and ambient lighting. Don't care for nav.

Can I get all these features in just a 2012 Ford Focus SEL? (or do I need to buy the parking package and myTouch package)?

-------- or --------

Can I get all these features in a 2012 Ford Focus Titanium? (or do I need to buy the parking package and myTouch package)?

So then is it cheaper to buy the 2012 Ford Focus SEL ( + package rates ) or the 2012 Ford Focus Titanium (don't know if I may have to buy seperate packages)?

I want the most out of my money but I want to be within 17,000 to 19,000$ . I know one way I can save money is by getting the sedan version and not the hatchback (would you recommend this ? )

Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
go hatch ... you going to need the space to move wierd stuff.

and learn how to park by yourself ... what chu gonna do ... if you are driving someone else's car and can't park it.

·
Registered
781 Posts
$19k? no.

ford.com has a great "build your own" feature. try playing around with the models and features, you'll see the sticker price yourself. figure that as a good estimate of about what you'll pay. you might get some money off in discounts, but don't forget taxes!

·
Banned
571 Posts
Or, you could wait a year and buy a used 2012. Might have a hard time getting the exact feature set though.

·
Quarter Tank Racer
2,124 Posts
First car? How old are you? I don't recommend buying new at this point...you could save yourself a lot of money by getting an 06, 07 Focus ZX3/5 and you'd feel a bit better about knocking it around every day. Plus it sounds like you could pay it off right away. And insurance would be cheaper.

BUT, if you do want a new car regardless and your budget it up to 19K...what are you needs? Are you a young, single man like many of us? You could get a very very nice Fiesta for 17K.

·
Registered
724 Posts
$19k? no.

ford.com has a great "build your own" feature. try playing around with the models and features, you'll see the sticker price yourself. figure that as a good estimate of about what you'll pay. you might get some money off in discounts, but don't forget taxes!
Also, you can go to Edmunds.com and build one and see MSRP as well as Invoice plus what folks are actually paying. If you have a smart phone Edmunds has an App to do the same.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Parking assist requires the 303A package (which includes myTouch and nearly everything else) on the SEL and 301A on the Titanium.

You'll probably want to go to ford.com and build and price some various combinations, but anything with parking assist is going to be $24k+ MSRP before taxes/title license.

You can get a loaded Fiesta or a barebones SE for $19k

Edmunds is a good site to look at, but truecar's even better, IMHO.

·
Banned
571 Posts
There's only one incentive that I know of right now, that's a $1500.00 factory to dealer rebate on the freight. You could try for dealer invoice less the factory rebate. If the dealer cries foul, remind them that they get another 3% back from Ford on the invoice price when the vehicle sells. You should be able to save about $2-3K off the list price of whatever model you want.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
There's only one incentive that I know of right now, that's a $1500.00 factory to dealer rebate on the freight. You could try for dealer invoice less the factory rebate. If the dealer cries foul, remind them that they get another 3% back from Ford on the invoice price when the vehicle sells. You should be able to save about $2-3K off the list price of whatever model you want.

Posted via FF Mobile Whats this $1500 incentive you speak of?

To the OP, you might need to increase your price range a bit if you want all those options. You can get an SEL in the 19-20k range if you get it for invoice, but after taxes, fees etc itll be higher.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Whats this $1500 incentive you speak of?

To the OP, you might need to increase your price range a bit if you want all those options. You can get an SEL in the 19-20k range if you get it for invoice, but after taxes, fees etc itll be higher.
Just checked, it's down to $1000.00. Was $1500.00 when I bought mine. This is the line item below. Might only apply to Canada?

Delivery Allowance/Factory to Dealer Rebate $1,000.00 August 31, 2011

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Ill have to check, probably only canada because as far as I know we just have the 500 back for ford financing. Besides the private cash offers some people have, unfortunatly mine expired. [:(]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Ill have to check, probably only canada because as far as I know we just have the 500 back for ford financing. Besides the private cash offers some people have, unfortunatly mine expired. [:(]
That's a good point... I'm not sure if they're still giving them out but you may be able to get the private cash if you order a brochure off Ford's website.

My one for $750 is still good through the end of July.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
That's a good point... I'm not sure if they're still giving them out but you may be able to get the private cash if you order a brochure off Ford's website.

My one for $750 is still good through the end of July.

I requested both a fiesta and ford one and said Im buying a car within 0-30 days...no dice.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
we just requested ours for the fiesta and focus and got the 750$ private cash, expiring at the end of august. ive heard it depends on the area you live in though dont know if that true. they came in like 1-2 weeks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts