Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a crazy awesome mod idea for when I am backing up in my Focus.

You know how the big rigs have the beep beep beep when they're backing up? Well, could that be implemented onto a Focus? What is it, really? How does it all work?

I don't really care for the sensor (like it'll beep if I'm close to hitting something), I just want the beep beep sound when backing up.

Can I do it on my Focus? [:D]

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
beeper should be no problem.... just power it up together with the reverse lights... and voila...

Igor

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? Where can I get a beeper?

I'm kinda clueless.

·
Registered
279 Posts
They sell kits out there that do this for you actually.. Forgot what they're called, but look for them as a truck accessory (not rig, but the pickup trucks)

·
Registered
294 Posts
There is a doodad on the market that is a replacement backup light bulb that has a beeper built into it. My neighbor had one in his pickup. The thing used to drive me nuts everytime he backed out of his driveway. You used to be able to buy them at Kmart (been several years).

I'd think about this a bit... I bet it would become a nuisance real quick.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hmm Sorry to change the subject (It's still pretty close), but is there a nice, clean solution to make it beep when you're about to hit something, too?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha, for real?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Goat Roper said:
OK, since no one else has asked, WHY?
hmm, I don't know, just to annoy people really, let them know I am there. [rofl] It's different, too...

·
Registered
528 Posts
It was an option for the focus. Perimeter Alert System

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Kaduku said:
It was an option for the focus. Perimeter Alert System
It was an option?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saketherobot said:
get the spanish one, that would be the best thing ever.
haha, I'm really tempted to.

·
Registered
528 Posts
It was an option says the book, and fordvehicles.com and it's in my parents Ford Explorer (but it's a Limited so I think you can only get it in there or it might be an option) But im sure Ford dealers have em, just ask for a focus and the price.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts