Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy Laminex or Saran wrap for car.I want something that stick to the bumper and that you throw away after.It is to protect from bugs when i hit the highway at night.I know it is not the safest thing but sometimes i travel by nigth on highway and the car get really messy by bugs.

Thanks for your ideas.[wave]

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
Not true!!!

There is a company who offers a clear bra. Totaly invisible acts like laminX and is completely safe to the car. They may have an add on here if not google it.

Costs like 100 bucks or so and DEF saves the front end.

·
Registered
733 Posts
or you could always get a crap load of that blue painters tape and tape off your bumper ...1) it sticks and 2) it can be thrown away[:D]

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Well, you dont want to go with lamin-x. It is too thick. You want a material sold by lamin-x called Ventureshield.

It is a very thin material, more of what you are looking for. Let me know if you need more information on it, but it carries a lifetime warranty, as long as you maintain it - 20% carnuba wax every 3 months.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I'm also interested in this but do they only do this for stock fronts? I figured it'd be hard to market the sheets for specific applications other then stock.

I also say keep your front waxed no matter what.

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Next time you wax your car, spray pam cooking oil on the front, any bugs will whipe away ;)

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
gregorzzz - they are vehicle specific precut sheets, are they also make bulk rolls you can custom cut for aftermarket bumpers and for other applications where their aren't precuts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts