Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Laugh at the vinyls but they will be around when your CD's, which have a life expectancy of 50 years, is gone, erases, corrupted. I think CD-R's have a life expxtancy of 10-15 years.
Digital is a great medium for exact reproducibity but as you all know, hard drives and floppys go bad after a while.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats why i want one!!!! heheheh

No I'm actually doing to be putting in an MP3 carputer and an LCD display as well as a 10 inch sub in the rear of my wagon. Just waiting for all the snow to melt to start the install.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I wonder how they made that work? Seems like records would be, oh, I dunno... SCRATCHED by the moving parts as you bounced along down the road?? I've seen this idea before though in a couple of different variations.

This one actually looks kinda cool, like a primitive CD player - the pictures I've seen before were of units that were more like a home record player, where you lift up the top to change the record, not slide it in.

·
Registered
571 Posts
hehehehe... nice.[:p]

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The cars back then were so big, you barely felt the road. They didn't sell too many though, never seen one except in pictures.

They also sold VINYL video discs in the late 70's, who remembers those.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
i'd mount it right nex to my state of the art 8-track player.lol

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
My first car actually had an 8-track stereo. It was a 1977 Cadillac, and we're talking 1994, so it was a just a little out of date. But it was fun for awhile, I got some vintage stuff like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Steely Dan and we would blast the 8-track.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
if i had a classic like that, i'd rock it. I wouldnt redo it all fancy with new audio upgrades. Shyt, I had a 1980 buick century, that i used to deliver pizza in high school and i rocked the "knob-job" like it was a Sony touchscreen..lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Analog will ALWAYS for the rest of time sound better than digital. Real audiophiles know that digital is crap compared to a true analog signal. That's why they still sell $15,000 turntables. Digital is a whole lot cheaper and the music industry makes a lot more money off of it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts