Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tom, sorry for doing this publicly on the forums but you seem to be ignoring my emails as of late.

I dont know whats going on but the when i upload your tune into my car it runs just as shitty as it does stock. Everything working perfectly well with my FS XCal1 and im just going to back to using it.

I want a full refund, including the shipping cost back to you.

By the way, beat up box, incorrect manual, and telling your custom to jsut call diablo, each of those is NOT a good way to gain customer loyalty.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Did you install the Performance tune, or the Custom tune? The standard Diablo tune is marginally better than stock at best. The custom tune is the one that just about everyone agrees is awesome.

Ohh and by the way Tom is not in the habit of ignoring customers. He always goes out of his way to do right by his customers.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
When there was a custom tune in my device the only option i had to install was Custom tune. When i went to troubleshoot to view last uploaded tune, it said custom tune, yet my car ran like stock.

After uploading the "custom tune" i had:
-5 min period of 1500rpm on start up
-Exhaust popping
-surging
-low idle which rattled my teethout

Now i can only draw 2 conclusions from my observations above. Not taking into account Tom's tuning ability, i beleive he probably knows what hes doing, either the tune he sent me was incorrect(perhaps he sent me a base file by mistake?) or the Predator itself is not functioning correctly.

I dont want to "have" to send it back, but i dont feel like im given much of a choice.

·
FF Affiliate
30,963 Posts
First , im not doing money back at this price and never stated i would

Secone you send me one email , i am in Tulsa Ok with a family emergency and answering you email at the spur of the moment is the last thing on my mind , I have answered EVERY email you have send and can make what ever changes you feel is needed , I am down to answering my emails to 1 to 2 times a day because a phone line is hard to get in here and it is dial up when i do

You had options other then publicly demanding your money back from issues that could of been fixed with a change of a tune now that just isnt going to happen so let me know what you would like from here

Tom

·
Registered
750 Posts
This is why I'm buying the entire SCT setup and going to tune the car myself with the help of PowerHouse. Then I can make any changes needed whenever I want. Haha

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
hey Tom, wutever family emergency is happening, i hope all is well.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
best of luck with the family tom.

and to delta, tom is a great honest guy. he goes out of his way to help most of his customers. wait until he returns home and i am sure he will be more and happy to talk you through the whole thing.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Good luck with the Fam, Tom.

*shakes head*

Some people just have no manners.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Concur. Tom was exceedingly helpful when I had my SVT. Try some tact.

·
Registered
365 Posts
^ i agree with Matt about the manners, I've been very happy with Tom's service. I usally don't say any thing in posts about complants like this, but I find it very annoying when people assume that they are being ignored. Tom is honest and has resolved any questions i had with his product and even answer some unrelated questions. Tom I hope your family issues go well.

·
Registered
797 Posts
yea he posted about a family emergency the other day..give him some slack...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Also, some SVTFs have had trouble receiving a flash due to a problem with the OBDII port. IIRC, some SVTFs have to have fuses pulled to flash as well. There's a better way to go about doing this if you have an issue with what you bought - particularly when the very forum you posted in had a message from Tom saying he was out of town right now.

·
Registered
341 Posts
wow!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
it just gets my goat when people come on here publicy bashing our vendors.

They contribute alot to this site and the focus community. Give these guys a break.
If your unhappy with a product, let them know. You will be taken care of. I think most of us can atest to that. You may not be their #1 priority, but be patient and you WILL be taken care of. There is no need to publicly bash them. all it does is make the poster look bad.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you think the mistake was made on your part....if already having a tune installed why go after another one from someone else...either way there is no need to come on the web to act like a child.

·
FF Affiliate
30,963 Posts
Its all good , He is frustrated and i understand that , I will do what i can to correct his issues , Not everyone can be happy all the time but i will try to make him happy with it

Tom

·
Registered
341 Posts
Tom your a good man and good luck with your familia.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
^ he does, this is the first bad thing i've heard about him.

Tom, i hope all is well with your family! you're in my thoughts and prayers!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
FSUFocus said:
Tom, hope everything is alright w/ the family. From what it sounds on this forum, you have a good fan base.
...Turbo who...???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts