Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... i've been looking here and there for upgrades on the intake, computer chip, and exhaust.... and what not. for the 2005, the only things i can find are for pre 05' i've had no luck in finding any sties that have stuff[???:)] can i get a little feed back from some fellow foci???? (on the fourth, i was a passenger in a 97' supercharged mustang steeda[driving] , now my car just feels like i'm riding a bike or something. i'm really sad[:(]) thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
www.marcymotorsport.com

www.newedgeperformance.com

those are two great resources for you.

the 05's except the st have a 2.0 duratec in them, the st has a 2.3

there is no place to chip the motor, instead induvidual tuning companies are using the sct flashers and are developing their own tunes. tuning from each company will be different based upon how experienced they are and how much they really know.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok....question, i went to new edge, and the one that cought my eye was the cosworth cold air intake. 10+ hp gain??? does anyone have this installed? does it fit 05'?? i also checked out the steeda.com intakes and there intake is (i think) $249, rather then $349.95 for the coswoth... is there really that much of a difference in the performance between the two???

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Steedas a short ram, Cosworths a CAI. 10hp..maybe with headers and a 2.5 exhaust but no way by itself. Search before you ask I know all that info is posted bro.

And wtf is up with your name?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I gained 10hp and some change, and if you look at where my new hp peak to the point that was below it the gain is more like 13.

Check out the intake dyno on the marcymotorsport website, that was done with my car and the results are legitimate and have been replicated by other people.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
coppertits said:
ok....question, i went to new edge, and the one that cought my eye was the cosworth cold air intake. 10+ hp gain??? does anyone have this installed? does it fit 05'?? i also checked out the steeda.com intakes and there intake is (i think) $249, rather then $349.95 for the coswoth... is there really that much of a difference in the performance between the two???
i dunno why you don't look at the sites i recommended. They tell you what fits your car. Intake wise you can buy anything that fits a 2.3 u can buy our cat back exhausts, cam gear adjustment tools. Check out that site.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
p0sitivevibez said:
And wtf is up with your name? [/B]
my focus is "blazing copper" my last name is TITSchinger..... it's great isn't it.... you know you love it.. [hihi] SimplyDomesticsFocus... sorry man, you site is very helpful. i just didn't know where the link was... didn't bother to look under your post.... [idea] thanks

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I pretty much have the same exact car as you. You got the 6 cd w/mp3 and leather steering wheel and 15' alloys?

If I were still in high school I'd mess with that name hardcore.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
p0sitivevibez said:
I pretty much have the same exact car as you. You got the 6 cd w/mp3 and leather steering wheel and 15' alloys?

If I were still in high school I'd mess with that name hardcore.
everything but the 6cd in dash (it does have the mp3 cd player though) i got the free mp3 walkman and i haven't used it yet....i don't even have a computer (i use my moms, which i no longer live with[:(] ... and yes, i did get made fun of in high school...pretty bad. but it was cool, usually it ended up with me having fun with some tits....[thumb]

·
Registered
337 Posts
coppertits said:
I'm running the Steeda short ram intake

It's $230 with FREE shipping from www.c-f-m.com

It's the only alternative to a Cold Air Intake for the Duratec at the moment.

I didn't wanna risk it here in Michigan (having the filter hang low--on a CAI)....so I went with the safer short ram intake. The filter is neatly tucked away behind the headlight & has a heat shield.
DEFINITELY a power improvement. Steeda claims 6 wheels hp, but it might be more...who knows??
The stock intake sucks & is super restrictive. Just buy an intake...you'll love it & REALLY feel the difference in power

You don't have to buy the Cosworth one for $350 though if you want a CAI. Marcy Motorsport intake is only $180 or $200 and is the same thing pretty much.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Also buy an exhaust.

Intake & exhaust make more power on this engine for the least amount of money & biggest "bolt on" gains

A nice (cheap priced) stainless exhaust is the MBRP for $199 plus $30 shipping = $230

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok....i ordered the steeda.... i want an exhaust too, but i don't want the rice burner-lawn mower-weed wacker-my car sounds like crap- sound.... this may be a joke to most of us...... on saturday i drove my uncle's porsch carera[headbang]..... omg!!!!! bad ass... anyway the way that sounds or like a 350z or something. not a rice burner. any suggestions??? and on installing, what to take off? from cat back?? from header back?? will i pass e-check?? thanks, you guys are awesome!!! they shipped the intake on the 7th, should be here in the next couple days. i'll let you know how it goes. man, i hope "the boss" doesn't notice the difference, she'll kill me when she finds me hooking the car up [spank]

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'd say go for the FocusSport Stealth exhaust then...supposed to be quiet and it'll give you a nice power gain

I'm getting a FS Sport system and gonna try that out first. If it's too loud, then I'm gonna add the Stealth muffler option later.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
p0sitivevibez said:
hahah dude she is definitley going to notice the sound difference. Dont yall share the car or what?
we don't share the car[slap] , but i drive most of the time when we go anywhere.... i think i'm going to just lie and say i got it for a realllllllly low price from someone at work or something[:D] we'll see... i have the intake now!!!!! but i just need some time to put it in..... suppost to only take an hour......

1 - 20 of 32 Posts