Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before you read this I'm just complaining and have no informational material what so ever!!

Currently I'm doing a 2.5 hour commute ONE way to work. This is going to be my first car and ready to get out of public transit!! With a car it would cut my commute to less than 30min!!!

My baby was ordered on 6/11 and everyday I come here after work to read and look at pictures and anything that can get my mind off of not having one of my own. I especially love seeing others with specs close to mine. Makes it seem like it's not a mythological creature!

I also want to thank all you those who have been posting pictures and writing stories about how SWEET their vehicle is. Cuz all theses haters are just making me sad.

So if your patiently waiting, like me, please complain with me, cuz misery loves company!!! [thumb]

·
Registered
296 Posts
I do feel your pain, but I'm past the point of complaining about it now. Another month to go...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do feel your pain, but I'm past the point of complaining about it now. Another month to go...
I can't even imagine you guys in Canada. Seems like you get to wait just for fun!
Although i am jealous that you can get the SEL with a M/T!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I can't even imagine you guys in Canada. Seems like you get to wait just for fun!
Although i am jealous that you can get the SEL with a M/T!
Agreed! I would have chosen an SEL if I could have had the M/T. I am loving the keyless entry though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
How long since you ordered yours? We ordered ours on Tuesday and they told us 8-10 weeks. Did you have to bug them to get the order number and build date or did they call you with that info?

Thanks

·
Registered
781 Posts
do you have your VIN? do you know your build date? do you have any information? if you have the build date you can expect the car soon after it's completed. if you don't have any information ask your salesman what he's doing to earn his commission???

·
Registered
113 Posts
I went to my local dealer and told them what I wanted so they could do a locate. If one wasn't found, they'd place an order. Luckily, the car I wanted (plus rear floor mats for $10) was already on a train destined for a nearby dealer. Once the car arrived by train, I guess the dealers had to do some kind of exchange. ETA for me was July 6 but the car arrived early and I was on the road on June 23.

Best of luck to you!

hint: "Pioneer" on BlueOvalForums was very helpful in tracking the car's shipping progress if you have a VIN

·
Registered
296 Posts
How long since you ordered yours?
See my signature for details.

We ordered ours on Tuesday and they told us 8-10 weeks. Did you have to bug them to get the order number and build date or did they call you with that info?
They've been pretty non-responsive in general. Had to pester them just to get the VIN, and haven't heard a peep from them since. The people here have been a much better source of information.

·
Registered
257 Posts
See my signature for details.

They've been pretty non-responsive in general. Had to pester them just to get the VIN, and haven't heard a peep from them since. The people here have been a much better source of information.
Thanks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How long since you ordered yours? We ordered ours on Tuesday and they told us 8-10 weeks. Did you have to bug them to get the order number and build date or did they call you with that info?

Thanks
All I have is a paper i signed that says I will buy the car when it gets here. It has my specs and a priority number. (15) I call at least once a week. He always says "I don't know what's going on with these." I know this guy thru my girlfriend's dad who is best friends with him so I'm guessing he's telling me all he knows.

My roommate decided he wanted a new car when i was showing all my Focus stuff, today we just went and picked up his 370z. Its a sweet ride, but I'm jealous. He searched for about a week and found almost exactly what he wanted.

Now I'm super anxious!!! 3rd GEN FOCUS!!! O YA!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FINALLY! i got my vin and a build date!

Ordered June 11
VIN August 11
Window Sticker ?
Build week September 5
Delivery?
I memorized my vin, is that wierd?
1FAHP3K21CL237328
SE HATCH MANUAL SPORTS WINTER STERLING!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congrats! We ordered nearly same car but sedan. Did you go with the 17's?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Makes you wanna stand up and scream WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! doesn't it? lol I feel like those annoying people in the JG Wentworth ads. It's my car, and I want it NOW! hehe

·
Registered
362 Posts
Makes you wanna stand up and scream WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! doesn't it? lol I feel like those annoying people in the JG Wentworth ads. It's my car, and I want it NOW! hehe
That's so true on the commercial lol!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I ordered mine on June 2 and just picked it up last night!

FINALLY! So there is light at the end of the tunnel![driving]
Woo Hoo! Be sure to post some pics!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts