Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
if u want sound get a fartcan,u want power go with borla,magnaflow,thermal they also sound good as well, not like them fart cans that sound like a beater with no muffler.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
see alot of ppl say borla or magnaflow as if they are one in the asme in sound and performance, well they are very differernt, the magnaflow is 2.25"and would be nie for someone who plans on a brief modifcation list, and the sound of the magnaflow yields slightly more of a 4 cylinder sound to the focus, though the sound is nowhear near that of a "fart can",it is somwhat beefy and bassy, the price of the Magnaflow is also nice and is around most ppls price range. Next we have the Borla, think of it as the Magnaflows mackdaddy, at 2.5" it is well suited for large all motor applications and evebn super charger or small boosted turbo, both are stainless and will last for along time, though the only one i know for sure is the Borla, which will outlast your focus mroe than likely, the Borla has very deep aggressive sound especially on race headers and even still on short headers and high flow cat. another option is also is also the MBRP which is around the same as the Magnaflow and yields a rallye style sound, also stainless and in some cases can be purchased in 2.%" as well as 2.25"

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
from what i've heard, the MBRP would probably be your best bet. it's raucous as hell, but sounds so cool if you're into the rally-sport thing. don't expect a horribly deep tone, but it'll definetely get you the volume you're looking for.

Mike

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
The MBRP has a very distinctive sound, one I like.

MBRP or Borla for power, as far as beefy sound, remember these cars will never sound like V8's.

·
Registered
697 Posts
i siad this in another thread, but borla and bosal are my expirence on my car and mothers. slap a fc race header on either and its going to be loud and beefy

·
Registered
228 Posts
I agree with focal. I was at the muffer shop today and there was a chevy truck with a 454 dropped in and they put exhaust on it. They fired it up and I was like ohhh yea. V-8 engines are beefy. With a 4 banger you will never get beefy even when you put on the best exhaust money can buy. The sound can best be described as robust. You want something that sounds full without the annoying high pitched ricey sounds we've all heard. My dad is a V-8 guy and he describes my car as sounding like a briggs and stratton lawnmower. I take it as a compliment since it sounds 300% better than it used to stock.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
A 4 cyl will never sound beefy, no one should expect a 4 cyl to sound loud and beefy. Robust yes. Beefy no. Its not sound that I look for, its the quality, gain, performance and warranty. Just my thoughts. [;)]

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I have a fc race header,Dynomax race mag.(Basicly a glasspack) and duel side by side 4"dtm tip.Now that is loud and robust.Yeh

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
loud and pointless........Borla and MBRP will yield the best sound for the dollar as weve said

·
Registered
697 Posts
focaltech said:
Beefy is all in your mind, your looking for robust sound!
that's what im talking about. my car sounds like 3-4's of a 5litre hehe

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
mofocus said:
loud and pointless........Borla and MBRP will yield the best sound for the dollar as weve said

Why do you say pointless.Have you ever herd my set up.I don't think so.If every body had the same catback set up all the cars would sound the same.Is that what you whant.You whant people to be originel.Just becuse you don't like it dosent mean that it sucks or its wrong.Its just diffrent.My set up gives me just as much hp as the other ones with out the price tag.[:D]

·
Registered
697 Posts
the bumblebee makes a point........

sorry i just had to crack that one lol
you need a CF Hood

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I a vis but there a arm and a leg.What kind do you have

·
OMGVTAK!