Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey whats up, im real new to the site and iv been looking to find out how to toake out the goviner/speed controller in my car. im getting tired of hitting 110 and then my car cutting off on me. i was told that jet makes a mod chip and it come with a setting box.. i wanna no if it worth the 250 dollars or no.. if u guys have any feed back i would really like it...

thanks
matt

03 zx3 cold air intake,system, soon to be greddy hearders and catback system

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
Most chips will remove or raise the speed and rev limiters.
The only way to find out is to call the chip dealer and give them your ECU code and ask.

·
Registered
68 Posts
gettin a chip is the safest and easiest way

but i m sure you can solder some shit together and take it out

and why in the hell do you need to go over 108 anyway

·
Registered
456 Posts
bluebubble said:
[Bbut i m sure you can solder some shit together and take it out[/B]
I'd seriously doubt that, you'd be more likely to do it by rewiriting the firmware in the ECU. But of course it is just easier to buy a chip from people who have already done it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
oracleguy said:
I'd seriously doubt that, you'd be more likely to do it by rewiriting the firmware in the ECU. But of course it is just easier to buy a chip from people who have already done it.

thats what i meant

but felt lazy for the wording

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info... do u no of anysites that i would be able to locate them..... the reason y i want to go over 108 cause i always get beat on top end speeds..... so i kinda dont want that happening...

thanks for the info and help guys...

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
JET products are mostly crap IMHO.

Either a superchip or Diablo chip can help you out.

Though since you are in PA I can't imagine why you would be going over 110 mph?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
oracleguy said:
firmware = ROM?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I'm gonna be getting a chip also. Anyone know what the difference between the diablochip and superchip?

·
Registered
697 Posts
the superchip sits outside the ECU housing i htink the diablo dont. if thath elp any lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts