Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy of mine thats taking photography at the tech school im going wanted to take some pics of my car for a project, i thought they came out good so ill share them :D

heres my favorite.

hope yall enjoy :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
idk, but looking at the last one now, that looks like a crack on my rotor!! HAHA

and yes that r33 photography is named after the skyline motor

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Wow some cool shots in there, and looks like a super nice camera.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i like the rolling shots, the 2nd one is my favorite

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah those are some pretty good shots..... I'd say maybe one flaw to the one with the badge is, it looks like somebody's head got in the way....my suggestion, keep the camera in the same place, but move your whole body. (to your buddy) BUT! tell him he's doing a good job..... it's pretty hard to get those photos just right... now for a little entertainment, again. lol.... see now I just had to do this, as soon as I saw that first picture I thought "OOH HDR!" so.....here goes, quick HDR image of that first picture [thumb]

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i see where you talkin about taht shadow on teh badge pic, and on teh first one, you can tell where i didnt fully buff out the wax, it dusk and i was in a hurry hahaha, but yea thanks guys for the compliments, ill let em know yall liked em :)

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
The last one of the wheel is so crisp, nice shots.

·
Registered
936 Posts
As an on again off again photographer myself, I'm curious what kind of camera your friend is using, and if he has any kind of diffusion going on with the flash.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im not sure what diffusion is, but if its what i think it is, he sat for like 45 seconds sometimes to gather enough light for some of teh pics, theres more, i just liked those the best and ill ask em what kinda camera he uses, for some reason i think its a canon

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
lol.... see now I just had to do this, as soon as I saw that first picture I thought "OOH HDR!" so.....here goes, quick HDR image of that first picture [thumb]

Huh? You're not serious are you?

·
Registered
936 Posts
Diffusion is where something is placed over the flash, to ... well diffuse the light. It can help reduce any chances of there being flash reflection in the picture among other things.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Huh? You're not serious are you?
haha......not completely serious.... I really just wanted to see if that type of picture could go hdr, but it really can't without destroying the values [:p] meh whatever, 2-3 minutes maybe? [dunno]

(I'm a little better with a pencil [hihi])

·
Registered
936 Posts
The thing with the HDR pic ... you took a JPEG and tried to do it, not really all that easy to do. A proper HDR is made with several versions of the same picture from a full -2 exposure all the way up to a +2. Basically looking at around 3 to 9 images. 9 being the best option, using -2 -1.5 -1 -.5 0 +.5 +1 +1.5 and +2 The best is to do it in the camera if you have the option. Otherwise you'll want to use a RAW image since you can push those a max of -2 to +2. HDR is a lot of fun if you have enough RAW material to work with.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah it works better with my camera...... slightly. I did just realize it has an exposure function on it now, though. just need level ground so I can put the three together......yeah I use just three photos, they work well enough for me. I know my camera puts them out in raw form, too......but it pisses me off that it's giving me jpeg format :|. still gotta figure that out. no wait, just got to get a real camera. this point and shoot I got last Christmas is looking a little worn now, after having taken somewhere around 18k photos since then (lol). but at least I am doing -2 0 and +2...

this yielded better results, (not to steal the thread) though I couldn't go much further without getting too much grain... that's why I want a better camera... oh right, so I can do manual focus, too [thumb]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts