Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me? My car has been making this weird whining noise and I can't figure out what it is.[:(]

Could this be the problem?

Boost is fun and I've been driving around every since I got it with a big [:D] on my face!

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
you know you might have a serious problem, bring your car to my place and i'm sure i can get rid of that whining noise for you ;)

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Ash, havent I heard the "i think im done modding my car" line from you several times? lol

Anyway, congrats on the PW..and i officially hate you :) in the nicest possible way though!

·
Registered
897 Posts
LOL Thats nice.... im jealous

Mouse

·
Jetsetter
6,654 Posts
yeah thats a huge problem, that box looking thing towards the back of the engine bay isnt susposted to be there, take it off send it to me and i will send you the right part for that, and poof problem solved!

congrads i wish i could afford one!

·
my car breaks!
2,103 Posts
wait a minute i think i know what wrong! your air filter is green, it doesn't match the paint. that can cause so many problems. i see it all the time...

LMAO

so did you install it yourself? how long did it take, and is it worth the time and cost. i'm thinking about getting a powerworks SC myself

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Bring it by this weekend and I will get rid of that horrible annoying noise for you... I'm closer than these other guys!!! No charge....

NUTS!! I'm rejetting my nitrous this weekend for a 150 shot...that"ll teach you!!!

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
That looks very bad....that thing near the intake that says "Powerworks" isn't supposed to be there. Looks like someone has put the wrong intake on your focus [eek] You better get that taken care of....I'll tell ya what...I'll be up there this weekend to take that off and put the right one on for ya and I'll even get rid of the wrong one myself for you [rofl]

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
yes, that is definatley the problem, and you should take it off right away! lol.............car is looking good, so much has been done to it since last time i saw it in person..........

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First off yes I have said 'I was done' but when teh hubby keeps looking at SC or turbos and finds a smokin' deal on a PW SC then buys it for his wife for their anniversary (plus Christmas and next years' birthday too. LOL) then he has to get it.[:D][hihi]

V6Focus's brother installed it and I must say he does a hell of a job. If I could go back and do it all over again we should have done this. FI is the way to go.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
jesus, very nice Ash, your car must be so freaken fast now, all the mods you had before, now with the powerworks s/c.......so how bout takin it too a dyno and postin some charts, i seriously gotta see what kinda power your putting down.

So you going to return the favor to your hubby and buy him a FS Turbo and intercooler for his ST?

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
so it it pretty quick?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Mike (tunedfocuzx3) suck it. LOL

Most of the other stuff we had came off (head/cams/cam gears/UDP/Volant/2000 ported intake manifold) Not sure if we are going to a dyno soon but I have seen people that have the PW and the same exhaust set-up as we do making about 230/195. I was a little scared when I first drove it but wow. I wanna drive it all the time! Hehe.

·
teh tranny killer
3,130 Posts
^ why not leave the head with stock cams?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts