Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a Wrangler in February as a winter vehicle, as it was a must where I lived in Missouri (for only 6 months before having my orders changed to Texas). Without a need for it here, and hardly driving it due to the poor mileage, and with anticipation growing, waiting for something serious to break with the 05 ZX3 (have had it since new, 108k miles), I traded them both. Lost a touch with Jeep but got more than expected on the Focus so it was a wash, and I still managed to get more total than payoff on the Jeep.

A few pictures from better days...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

2012 Mazda3 i Touring w/ SkyActiv Technology (aka: Mazda's new "big" thing. Low compression engine, 6 speed auto transmission, and whatever tuning, and they get 28/38 mpg out of 155 hp 2.0L they claim is still fun to drive).

Very near-term plans for tint. Considering blacking-out all emblems. Nothing significant long-term except probably a mild drop and aftermarket wheels. This is my first, real "grown up" vehicle (have already had my mom tell me her and my sister find the thought odd of me with a sedan) and my fiance has already claimed it for herself down the road, so little will be done to it. But so far, loving it. Fit and finish is nice, it's Mazda so it's still sporty. Had been looking at used 2010 Mazda3's or a 2011 Fiesta, till I was horribly low-balled by another dealer for the trade, leading to further research which uncovered that very little more money would get me in a brand new model with a brand new "high" efficiency motor. I know what kind of mileage a 2.0 Duratec gets, which isn't bad, but the thought of this one was worth a few grand more!

The Focus will be in the driveway till Saturday, which hopefully lends me time to figure out how to get the stock airbox back in (would have a Cosi for sale...hehe).

·
Registered
100 Posts
2012 Mazda3 i Touring w/ SkyActiv Technology (aka: Mazda's new "big" thing. Low compression engine, 6 speed auto transmission, and whatever tuning, and they get 28/38 mpg out of 155 hp 2.0L they claim is still fun to drive).
Uhm.

Serious note, how do you like the transmission? I've heard some good things about it.

·
Pimp'n ain't easy
11,215 Posts
I approve... I love mazdas

·
Registered
416 Posts
(not so) StoopidSteve: Love the color of your old 05 ZX3. It was very nice. Hope the next owner finds his way out here!

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Love the color of the Focus. Congrats on your new purchase. If its got low compression....boost it! [thumb]

·
Registered
668 Posts
How do you like it I sold my wife's 08 focus and bought a 2011 Mazda 3 with the 2.5 and I love it. Congrats on the purchase man.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't put many miles on it yet, just to and work and a little around town for the past day. The transmission is every bit as smooth as advertised. I do think I've noticed a few times, as I've seen someone else post on a Mazda forum about the skyactiv, that it does like to downshift to help slow. Obviously not a bad thing, but one of the rare times I actually notice it shift.

I loved my copper, and will surely miss it, but this pearl white is purrrtty!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not certain that it is yet, but I'm sure it will be soon enough. The whole thing is the brand new thing for Mazda and is only available in the mid-trim levels on the Mazda3 currently. Lower trims have the 2.0 Duratec still, while higher trims have the 2.5

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And I'm loving my Mazda. My fiance has already claimed it as her own though, from afar. I'm in Texas, she's in Alabama still for another year and a half. I sent her a picture the night I got it, she responds "is that really it?" uh...yeah... "I love it! it's mine" um... so I can haz st in 2-3 years?! lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts