Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Ford Focus Folk..

I have searched through old posts here and saw that for my 2006 4dr Focus..
The High/Low Bulb is type 9007.

Are ALL 9007-Bulbs the Double-Filament kind? - and I do indeed Need those high/low beams all in one bulb, correct?
Is say the SilverStar 9007 this type?
there is just no mention either way.. and I have 2 weeks to get this down so i have no room - or money - for purchasing errors.

- - *So It Is a Yes on the high/Low - double filament Bulb?

The Low Beam is OUT on Drivers side.. But Works on Passenger side.
The High Beams WOrk on BOTH Sides.
Sounds like a high/low bulb, right? No?
Thank You.

·
Registered
414 Posts
9007 is the bulb you need...yes it has dual filaments...dual filament plus the plug base are the unique combination that make the bulb a 9007. Different base or bulb would be a different number.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
If money & time are tight, check the current bulb before buying the replacement.

Some years have a separate fuse for each side, and the plug attachment is always a possible problem to name two other possibilities.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The best way to make sure you get the right part is to remove the current one and take it to the parts place with you.

Even if money is tight, it might be worthwhile buying a spare bulb (not the SilverStar, those suckers are pricey!) to keep in the glovebox for next time. That way you're not stuck driving home in the dark with one headlight...or getting a ticket.

·
Registered
17,433 Posts
LOOK at the bulb CLOSE, it clearly will show dual filaments inside if they are there.

The number of electrical contacts will tell you as well................regardless of the number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts