Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to begin this by saying that I am a skilled maniac and do not promote stupid driving. Stupid drivers wreck!
I was heading home from school today when I noticed all of the other cars slowing down and moving into the slow lane. I didn't think anything of it so I began "getting on it". I then noticed the officer in oncoming traffic & realized why everyone slowed down. Sure enough [eek] flashing lights. The lanes were divided so he couldn't just whip it around, he had to find a place to cross. This gave me some time to slow down (yeah, right). I turned off of the road and then off of about 5 more roads & took the back way home. It was fun. Anyone else have any stories?

·
Focus Addict
1,245 Posts
I wouldnt exactly call that "running from the cops". Its kinda like the race stories people post here where they say they beat a ferrari. Well, yeah you may have beat the ferrari but he didn't even know he was racing. Same thing here, the Police Officer was probably going somewhere else. Either way, you are an idiot. I would like to think that your stupidity doesn't kill somebody some day. Directly, by you crashing or indirectly by you taking a Police Officer away from actually being there for someone who really needs help.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's not a very good story. I'm not trying to start something here. no need to get offensive. Please only post if you have a story.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
I don't have a story but that was pretty stupid to do what you did even if you didn't run from the cops.

·
Registered
571 Posts
does it count as "running from the cops" if the cop doesnt know he's chasing you?

·
Registered
798 Posts
BlkZX3 said:
I wish I was bad ass enough to post stories about running from the cops.
I wish I was stupid enough to run from the cops.
Unless you have a trunk full of drugs it ain't worth runing, especially over a traffic violation. Unless your record is full of violations, you can get the cop to give you a warning unless you are the only one on the road and he is pulling you over just to get his quota.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
BlkZX3 said:
I wish I was bad ass enough to post stories about running from the cops.
lol... me too, I am very impressed

Tell me again Infra3sv what type of bicylce was this copper on, you'll need to remember so you can avoid him if you see him again. If he was actually chasing you he would have a) caught you, b) caught you with the radio, or c) he has seen your car and if you live in an area like I do there are not many Infrared SVTs around so you are screwed.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't know about the cops where u are, but here in Alberta if he wanted u he would have got u.

A buddy of mine a few years back was speeding on a freeway thru town. Saw the cop, and then bailed off the first exit he saw as the cop was turning around. He did the same thing, drove around in a few side streets until he thought it was safe, however, in the meantime the cops had called up every unit available and had setup roadblocks all around the area. They caught him as soon as he pulled out onto the freeway again.

Option A:
Get pulled over for speeding

Result:
Ticket for $150

Option B:
Run, get pulled over for speeding, reckless driving, failing to stop for an officer of the peace.
Get both yourself and your vehicle Thouroughly (and I mean thouroughly) searched [:eek:]

Result:
Tickert for $800, insurance costs double, and get suspended from your Professional Organization for 1 year (Engineering).

Hmmm, which would u choose?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I understand its not for everyone and I don't recommend it to everyone. I'm not trying to be cool or disrespect America's finest. I'm wanting to hear some stories and according to some of the posts, I should be able to. I fully understand the consequences. I know it isn't the smartest thing to do which is why I don't recommend it. I'm not trying to be cool. I was having fun in my focus and that should be understandable to any focus driver.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
See, when I'm having fun in my Focus, it usually doesn't involve running from the police and risking heavy fines and a suspension of my license.

I guess that's just me...

·
Registered
688 Posts
vitaminB said:
Umm I dunno who your sayin that to, but jus so ya kno. that is considered criminal threatening, how i know this...well i did it, sent a email to sumone n now im ****ed...so watch wut u say on the net..even tho it doenst sound like a threat, it is considered one...dont say it isnt cuz ive been thro this with the court

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.