.7707----Reaction
2.4222---60ft
6.9863---330ft
10.0544--ET @594ft
10.7233--1/8 ET
67.27----1/8 MPH
16.7151--1/4 ET
80.68----1/4 MPH

Is that decent for a pretty much stock car? Any hints on things to do for extra power with little money?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGVPTxgMfrA

Not the same run. I didnt download it by accident and i only have this one.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
little money= little power..... but an intake/exhaust/headers/tune are the usual first steps...

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
ya, thats not too bad for a completely stock car. get the SCT tuner, its kinda expensive, but u can continually adjust it as you go!!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
horrible reaction time, lol, not too shabby for ur first time? Was that the only run you were able to get for the day? That time is pretty average for a stock Zetec Focus. Its fun as hell to run ur car at the track huh? LOL, ive only been twice myself and it was awesome.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
As Silvei said intake, header, exhaust and tune would be ur best bets. You can find really cheap intakes,headers, and exhausts but the most espensive thing would be ur tune. Good luck. I went with this in this order- 1. Intake 2. Exhaust 3. Header 4. Throttle body 5. Tune. All in a few years. Now ive got a turbo, hehehe. I cant wait to go to the track and see what i do now. I ran a 15.9 with my cai, header, exhaust. Never ran it again after i got the tune and throttle body, wished i had tho! Have fun.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have an exhaust, and intake, and yes its manual...i have the videos ill try and get them on youtube and post a link asap

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
yea i'd finish off your exhaust like everyone else said...cams/cam gears/tune/tb would be the next mods i'd do

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
not bad times, my first time i was so nervous i was spinning 1st gear and could only muster a 17.2 et. now this isnt with my svt but with my S2 focus, havent taken the svt out yet, its a road racer [driving]

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
as for the cams, i would wait. If you think you may go with forced induction then they arent really worth the money b/c NA cams wont really work as well in a FI car.
But if you really think FI is out of the question (i wouldnt rule it out) then they can be a good investment.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
^^^ I love mine!!!![hihi]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts