Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went through my storage to do some cleaning and found a stock drivers side headlight. I was about to through it out, but decided to do this instead [:D] :

I did some cutting, sanding and painting. It matches up great with my volant. [woot]

I painted the exterior silver to match the car. The inside is flat black. I also used some flex tube to connect it to my Volant intake. The flex tube is a bit smalled in diamitter than the rear headlight access. So, i just used some tape to creat a seal.

I also bought some door trim to put on the edge where i did the cutting, but not sure if it'll look good.

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It actually works quite well. Car feels a bit torquey, not much. But it's a great experiment.

·
Registered
324 Posts
absolutely incredible!!!! good work!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Only problem, low flying birds, lol. Cool john!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
that would be awesome for the drag strip. Love the idea.

I dont think I could drive aroung like that!

·
Sooooooooooo EURO
14,708 Posts
thats sexy! finallly i've found a use for my old headlights with crap lenses!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
so, um hows night time driving???

·
Illegal Alien
4,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys!

Driving with one headlight is ok. The passenger's side HID lights up enough, plus i also have the driving lights.

Mike, no birdies yet. [hihi] But, it might be a good idea to add screen, no? rofl.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Maybe during the day it's ok but during the night cops will be on you like white on rice.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
thats probbly the best thing ive seen all week kooks killer you should make it so its easy to switch back and forth somehow

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
sweeeet!, maybe you could rig up some before and after intake temps? do you have better throttle response? i bet the air is just begging to be rushed into your engine!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts