Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a very treacherous part of 95 between boca and delray where that accident happened that i posted about between the acura and the toyota camry where it's freshly paved and it gets just slick has a button, I noticed that my car likes to just stick to the road even if there is water pooling on the road...I dont know if it's 50% tires and 50% ford engineering or something LOL. I just love how my car handles the wet stuff yes i do slow down thought because i do notice however sometime that my front end starts to walk.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Ya, maybe it is Ford's engineering. But it also plays heavily on the tires that you are running. That can change the game in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Kumho Ecsta KH16's?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
17 or 16?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Oh yea the 215/45 guy I remember now

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Yea bite me.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
the aa is your wet weather traction rating, AA means you have at least 50% of the dry traction. You can find all the info you want at tirerack.
Tires make all the difference, my stock 15's were the worst rain tires I have ever had the displeasure of driving on. And I live in Las Vegas = 4" of rain a year!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
I like to have good tires on the front and some bad ones on the back. If you are in a FWD car it makes for some fun times.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
^^^^^ been there, make for some real fun in the rain!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Exactly, off power over steer that slides all day long, mwahaha.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i still got my stock 15's and the back is completely bald and lol but not do to the wire, my frot tho r like half whoren down lol, i think my grandpa took my car into the dealers to rotate them..hmmmm

·
Registered
88 Posts

IT'S GOT TO BE THE SHOES!

Really though, I love my Extreme Contact DWs. One of the best purchases I made for my car. It is a shame I will have to take them off in a few weeks. I wish I lived somewhere warmer.[:(]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Warmer yes, hot as hell no. Vegas is nice but I'm sick of this heat!
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It's all in the tires.

My Jeep had brand new 225/75-15 all seasons on it. They did okay, but would hydroplane a bit. I put on 215/85-15 mud tires and now I can hit puddles at 90 if I wanted (the thing really isn't safe at those speeds) and it WILL NOT hydroplane.

The tires on the Focus haven't been terrible, but I've hydroplaned once or twice. I'll be looking forward to seeing how the snow tires do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts