Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know where the cheapest place to get svt suspension kit. I'm looking to do this very soon and i need your guys help. I've heard that the cheapest is $245 but i cant find such a place. PLease Please help. [thumb]

·
Registered
759 Posts
$245 Is the cheapest I've seen it at, the only way to get it for less is by getting it used.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
one magic little word i'll call... eBay

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
1. go to the ford racing performance parts web page.
2. find a FRPP dealer in your area.
3. Order your SVT suspension.
4. Enjoy.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
here's one place $215.42 http://www.capaldiracing.com/store/catalog.aspx?cid=42&c=Focus - Chassis/Suspension

you could also give steve a call at tously ford (parts dept.) nice guy ! mine shipped to MT. for 240.00!

We are Tousley Ford offering all OEM Ford and Ford Racing parts at 10% over cost.

PM me here or call Steve at 1-800-328-9552 during regular business hours
I'll be selling mine this fall to make room for my H&R set up![:D]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Sweet

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
coolness , your gonna love the improved handling[thumb] enjoy!

·
Registered
461 Posts
did anyone do their own install? I'm thinking of getting the SVT kit, either from steve or tony @ newedgeperformance. I don't know whether to chance it, r likely have ford install it. Anyone know a general installation price for something like this?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yep. I did my own install.

I did it with handtools mostly. I got a loaner spring compressor from pep boys (I just put a deposit down and when I brought the tool back, they gave me my money back).

It wasn't too hard. But be aware that the bolt on the lower control arm for the rears tend to seize and you can very easily ruin the bushings trying to get the bolt out. I had to buy another control arm. Not too hard to replace, but an extra $60.00. THey don't just sell the bushings... you have to replace the whole arm.

Oh and the front swaybar endlinks break easy so you have to be very careful when you torque them down to spec. You might even want to replace them while you're doing the suspension. THey're like $15 a piece from pepboys, and some of the stock links weren't designed very well. There was a guy on here who had his endlink bushings come out of the links just from normal driving.

Just plan on half a day to do this. If everything goes smoothly you can have it done in 2 - 4 hours... but that's if it all goes smoothly ;)

·
Registered
649 Posts
^^^ hey, great info B&T, thanks. Where did you find the torque specs for that hardware? Also do you recommend replacing any parts/bolts/hardware besides the endlinks?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Heck man, if you want i'll help you do the install for some beers.

Torque specs are in here:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...install&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=1&client=opera

There's also pics in the PDF version that you can download by clicking the link on top.

As for as replacing anything else... you might consider buying urethane bushings for the suspension components... seeing as you'll have everything dissassembled anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts