Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a race coming up and the guy is in a Sentra SE-R auto with a cat-back. I have a ZX3 with a catback, pacesetter shorty header, and an AEM cai. I really want to ^#$& this guy up so if anyone knows of anything I can do quickly (besides NO2) please let me know. Also, how much estimated hp/tq does he have and how much do you think I have? I get up and go MUCH faster than the sunfire I had with the same mods + pulleys. Anyone have suggestions? thanks in advance.

[???:)] [?|]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
The obvious answer is nitrous, if you have a manual, just go 50 shot, if done right, totally safe...short of that...loose as much weight out of the car as possible and practice your launch, that will help.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I have the 5spd. i was thinking about getting rid of the a/c and the power steering pump but don't know if i can get a belt to fit w/o that on there. I *might* be able to borrow a zex kit from a friend.. would it be safe to put the 75 shot on this engine? I put a 100 on the sunfire a few times and it held up pretty well.. also unhooked the O2 sensor.. do you guys think that would help on this if I would want to spray the 75 shot from the zex kit?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
75...why?...to hand him his ass no problem even if you miss a shift is a 50 shot...no reason to go so big and push the car for such a little race....hes got an auto, i'd be suprised if he even had a 1/2 car length on you right now...if not the same.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rock on. I've never seen one run so I don't know how they would actually do. I've been actually racing for a while so my launches are fine.. we'd probably be going from a slow roll anyway (5-15mph). This guy has been talking mad 5h1t about foci and I just wanna show him what one can do. All the more reason for me to invest in the turbo kit from proturbokits.com [:D]

quick question.. how long does it take to install the jackson racing S/C? BEN, you told me about this site.. lemme borrow [email protected]#

·
Registered
74 Posts
Nothing will make as much power as a turbo...I wouldn't even bother with JRSC if power is your game.. spend the extra grand and get a turbo kit... not only more power, but its intercooled too.. less chance of detonating than with JRSC. I've had a '93 Cobra with Vortech running 11's and an '84 Mustang GT Turbo (2.3L Turbo) that ran 13's, So I've had my fair share of both SC and Turbo... I just love the nature of the turbo.

·
Registered
110 Posts
ZEX has a new kit for fast and easy install. It is a filter that goes on your intake with a nozzle at the end. your NOS shoots right into the intake. You could do a 75 shot and hope to get 50 -75 hp out of it. I am thinking of getting it myself but may wait to use the warranty up first. It is 101US but I've seen it for 96US as well. You would then need to buy the rest of the stuff like the bottle and lines and Shat. But I would say for 300US you could probably have it all. I believe this set up would be known as a dry fogger but hey I could be wrong.

This will go on my car for sure! When? dont know for sure! lol

I say do it and work the guy.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
Banshee99 said:
Nothing will make as much power as a turbo...I wouldn't even bother with JRSC if power is your game.. spend the extra grand and get a turbo kit... not only more power, but its intercooled too.. less chance of detonating than with JRSC. I've had a '93 Cobra with Vortech running 11's and an '84 Mustang GT Turbo (2.3L Turbo) that ran 13's, So I've had my fair share of both SC and Turbo... I just love the nature of the turbo.
detonate w/ a JRSC?!?! umk, the JRSC makes decent power for the price if you shop arouns and theres always the possibiltiy of rigging up an M62[}:)]

·
Registered
341 Posts
take it to the track if he's any kinda man....none of this street racing crap. get that stock cat outta there, it wont last long w/your shorty header. if you do nitrous, then he'll never let you hear the end of it, oh you had 'nawz' (n2o, not no2...hehe....thats silo gas, fatal if contacted). drop some weight as was said above (dont remove a/c and p/s, guys i know have already done this and are back w/them inside a wk). and other small bolt-ons you can afford will help.
port your TB for quicker throttle response. sounds dumb, but go over the whole car inspection wise and give her a good wax (windows too) to slick her up.

anyways you'll do fine (just use a low launch rpm on street tires), and like i said, take it to the track, the victory holds far more weight than b'g a punk 'street hero'.

-Ult

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
the se-r auto have the same hp as a svt...
so just add nitro and enjoy...

Joel

·
Registered
281 Posts
SE-R huh? I think that car is gonna bust yo ass. I've heard they are pretty light on the heels. And if you use "NOS" you'll never hear the end of it. I'd say the next time he talks smack you bitch smack him and call it a day. No need to show off because one dick. Then again if you just feel like going faster thats a whole nother story.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i always feel like going faster.. already took the passenger and rear seats and spare out.. not too worried about using the nitrous.. winning is winning.. if he doesn't like it he shouldn't have challenged me. :)

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
the new SE-R's are rated at 165hp/175tq,(spev - V's are 180) and are as light as our cars at 2700lbs... I really don't know how everyone here thinks a regular zetec can beat it by loosing a bit of weight and a nice wax job. You won't beat him stock, sorry. Cheapest and fastest way is a 50 shot, but again you loose your street credit with *da nawz*

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Well, to give you alittle bit of perspective,

I raced my friend's 02' SE-R 6-Speed with my ZX3, when I had only my intake.

I beat him off the line and to about 30 mph, he caught up to me and passed me and remained about a car length or so ahead until we stopped at around 85 mph.

Now, your ZX3 is more heavily modded than mine was at the time, plus the guy your racing has an auto.

Looks like a victory for you the way I see it.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
The SE-R is 160 and the spec is 175...
and thats right i really dont think you will beat him with thouse mods..
even the auto...if you get cam and cam gears you will be able to push arround 14x @ the wheels with a good tune...and thats about the same the regular se-r have...

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
el pio:

It's rated at 175 at the crank...when it all gets down to it it's probably more like 140 at the wheels.

Now, being a 4-door, it is also heavier.

Next, it is an auto...which greatly subtracts from performance... you should be a car length ahead before his car kicks in.

You can take him.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
well...i still dont know...
the car is pretty quick....
and with his mod he is not even close to 140 at the wheels...
probably would be more if he is a good driver you could PROBABLY beat him...

but i seriusly doubt so...

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
You can do it..[}:)]
Race him for pink slips then sell his car for more mods for your car......if you win. [unsure]
Ya, the Ford Focus Enconobox is a lot more powerful than people think...[burnout]
Just think it will go fast when you race him and that should get you an extra 20 HPs
out of the engine... [hihi]
[whip]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts