Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just parked on parking lot and one god [email protected]#$% red car just hit my rear fender and made huge scratches and my fender and side of rear bumper just wrecked..

Body shop estimated and came up with $950..
instead of fixing..they rcommended me to purchase bodykit which is a lot cheaper and cover the original fender.

what I know is "No limit", "Saleen", and "wide body kit"
but i only need fender flares..
Is there any website selling fender flares??

·
NY's Most Wanted
1,036 Posts
www.quwhees.net

not sure if they'll sell pieces separately, but then again the full kit is waaay out of your price range. $1200 for it. however you find a cheaper version of this kit on ebay using the search terms "Focus wide body".

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
It was me..sorry.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Questions to ask yourself if you find a cheaper pieces in a kit: Are you capable of the physical installation? Do the pieces you found need to be prepped (sanded, fitted, primed, etc),painted and clearcoated? Any of these could add substantial costs if you can't do it youself and have to have someone else do it for you. The shop repair may save you money in the long run. Make sure you understand ALL the costs associated with aftermarket pieces. There's too many horror stories of poor fitting body parts that require substantial work to make them fit correctly or end up looking like crap because they get butchered in the fitting process. Remember to by quality stuff to avoid these problems. Naturally it will cost a little more up front and should be factored in when comparing it to the repair cost.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
sorry to hear about your car. it had to be ashley she hit my car 3 days ago and im still trying to get it repaired. [hihi]

·
Capt. Urn
5,491 Posts
sorry bout your car focusonme
maybe this will help [drinking]

hey ashley, remind me never to park in west virgina [joke]

·
Boosted
2,814 Posts
www.visionautodynamics.com makes fender flares, and some cool body kits-sorry 2 her bout ur car-where i live everybody drives like shit, and i've had my fair share of close calls-anyways-the fender flares are universal, and prolly need some work 2 b fitted-just look at all u can, and get the best deal-lataz

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
crazy_urn said:
sorry bout your car focusonme
maybe this will help [drinking]

hey ashley, remind me never to park in west virgina [joke]
does anybody has picture actually installed with that univ. flares??

·
Focus Enthusiast
365 Posts
two words, widebody......wait one word.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Jeez you guys that only makes the 19th car I hit...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts