Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive been doing some maintenance on my car and realize i have a collapsed hose... i dont know what its for or what its called. it goes from the IM to right under the coil pack.... my car is running lean so im figuring it might have something to do with it.....

the best picture i could get

·
Rollin' Hard
2,137 Posts
looks like the pcv hose...
it goes to the back of the intake manifold...
had the same problem...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I had to fix that on my brothers car and I'm still not sure what that ones for. Somebody recently had a picture of the intake manifold by itself with all the vacuum ports labeled, not sure where it's from though.

I pulled the hose from the car and went to a hardware store and looked through all their different springs, and found one that fit well inside and kept the hose from collapsing by reinforcing from the inside. Definitely crude but it worked, if you find the right size spring no amount of vacuum will dislodge it. The collapsed hose had triggered a generic vacuum leak CEL, and it went off again so I guess the car is happy with it.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Yes that is the PCV Elbow that collapses on everyone eventually.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the hose actually has a 2inch slice in it..... im pulling it off tomorrow and going down to advance to see if they have one similar to it

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Just go to the dealer its a custom hose with different size on each end. They have a revised version with heatshield for around $15-20.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts