Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got KYB AGX shocks but i dont know what springs to get i want about a 2 inch drop. nothing really really stiff because its still a daily driver and i want to start AUTOCROSSING. i would like to not go over 200.00 if possable, but all i need is springs now right?

·
Registered
545 Posts
if you want good springs and a 2'' drop it is definately going to be a stiffer ride. I have the eibach pro springs, which is about 1.5'' drop and it's still my daily driver and autoxer. Or you can go with the eibach sport springs which is about a 2'' drop but i've heard its a little bit rougher a ride.

·
Registered
897 Posts
^^Read gitar111's responce^^. Personaly i like my Pro-kit by Eibach.

Mouse

·
The Librarian
13,116 Posts
It's going to be tough to find springs that perform well on the track without sacrificing some ride comfort on the street.
The Eibach Pro springs are probably your best bet for a good compromise,
while still giving you somewhat close to the drop you're looking for.

Ya know, the SVT springs would be a great setup for dual duty, especially with the KYBs.
Though, you'll only get 1/2" to 3/4" drop.

Also, check here for spring ratings and drop:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61959

but all i need is springs now right?
Nope...
2" drop will most likely require the installation of camber bolts in the rear.

Frankly, if it were me, I'd play with those KYBs on your stock springs.
Once you reach a plateau (several runs within less than a second of each other), then you might start thinking of new springs.

·
Registered
897 Posts
No, i dont do Autocross. i do however take very twisty roads at speeds that would boggle most people.

Mouse

·
Registered
545 Posts
cruzstyle said:
maybe the H&R springs plese help, do u autocross?
i autox, and my focus is my daily driver. At first the eibach pro's feel really rough on the road, you feel every bump. But i think a compbination of me getting used to them and them breaking in (i only have about 600 miles on them so far) will make it less rough on the daily drive.

As for the autox track, they helped signifigantly. Without them i would get my car into tripod turns sometimes, and with the springs/dampers no more of that. However, tires are probably just as important if not more important for the track because the suspension will keep your car stable, but it's hard to turn if you dont have good grip on the road.

overall i'm happy with the eibachs, the drop looks good and the handling improvement is very noticable

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I SELL YOU my svt springs ehehehehehehehe

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got a good price on H&R Race Springs i hear there the HEAT. if i get those will that be to much i can sacrafice some comfort im just saying im not gonna want something you would put on a trailer bitch. if i get the Race Springs will i need new camber bolts aand how mcuh are those?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
sorry didn't understand you last message

·
Registered
545 Posts
i know 2 people who have H & R springs, one on a 92 prelude and 1 on a 2002 GTI, both of them are happy, and by "the HEAT" do you mean "the hotness"?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts