Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What rims do you think are the best performing rims out there. I'm not too dependant on looks but they can' t look like fecal matter. I like to drag race so acceleration is important.

-Cougar

·
Registered
759 Posts
preformance rims? I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you mean light weight. Try Tirerack.com I think they can sort rims by weight

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
rota slipstreams thats what everyone is going to say so im just gonna put my vote in now!

·
Registered
705 Posts
the slipstreams are great from what I hear. If you want a nicer looking wheel, the OZ superlegga (sp?) are also lightweight and great looking

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what do you guys think about the 15" OZ Ultraleggera. They are only 12LBS! Are there any other rims lighter than that? Where do you guys buy your rims from?

·
Registered
50 Posts
you want the best rims and lightest rims go with team dynamics.i have a set on my car ...each rims is 20 pounds lighter than stock rims and omg first gear tachs out quick.be careful though the light rims have a tendacy to jerk the steering wheel out of my hand when power shifting.good luck!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
luvachevy2000 said:
be careful though the light rims have a tendacy to jerk the steering wheel out of my hand when power shifting.good luck!
^^^^^Werd^^^^^
My OZ Superlegerras do the same thing-so much lighter than stock-I feel the lower momentum generated by lighter rims harder to handle because I was not used to it.
Here is a link to some wheel weights by name and size and weight. The Team Dynamics and OZs are nice and light!
http://www.wheelweights.net/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts