Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys...the time has come

Okay guys...the time has come!!!

I will be replacing my third gear solenoid in my transmission. It's getting worse all of the sudden. While I have the tranny pan off, I figured I might as well invest in better transmission oil than what is already in there.

So my question is, where can I get the solenoid that I need? Also, how do I know which one it is I need to replace?

Also, what would you guys recommend for the transmission oil?

Thanks guys in advance! Keep on keeping cool! [cheers]

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's a common problem with the focus...like it hesitates to shift into third gear...it doesn't slip or anything, it just hesitates to go into gear...it's kind of a hard thing to describe lol there are several threads on here of people talking about it if I didn't answer your question well enough

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
heheh Lazy shifting as its referred to, the solenoid ( can;t remember if its A or C gets lazy and when it needs to upshift from 3-2 or downshift 2-3 the car will jump in revs and it will take the car longer then normal to actually grab the gear
wagon 1 had/has that... I will search around and find the correct one and hopefully a picture for you aswell

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yah it like gives I a hard shift or a late shift...so back to the thread question LOL can anyone give a FF member some advice? Haha

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am going to change my tranny oil, tranny filter and possibly a solenoid. My car is slipping going into 3rd gear. Which solenoid would that be?

I have posted threads asking this before but didn't get An answer. Please guys, help me out!!! Rep points WILL be awarded!!!!

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Its A-Solenoid, looking for a picture as we speak since there are 3 solenoids

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Please hold on a second making a phone cal to make SURE its the right one for you

Just got off the phone, hes currently unavailable to talk hes doing a test I will get the correct solenoid information in about an hour/hour and a half ..

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! a much deserved rep is on your way! i just have to wait until i get home as my iphone doesn't let me do it for some odd reason...LAME

if you can verify which solenoid, that would be awesome! i just want to make sure i'm replacing the correct one. Also, according to the picture above, which solenoid is it? is it the solenoid that is positioned far left, the middle or the far right?

again, THANK YOU!!!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts

Sol #1 is "A"
Sol #2 is "B"
Sol #3 is "C"
Sol #4 is "D"
Sol #5 is "E"
Sol #6 Is PCA

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay guys! thank you for the help!!! just one last question...i want to make sure that this is the right solenoid before i spend the money buying it...

it seems to be slipping/hesitating shifting into 3rd gear...that is the Solenoid in the "A" position...correct? lol sorry guys...i just am a broke college student and want to make sure that's it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts