Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at 35,000, and on vacation. I'll be over 36k by the time I get home, and I drive home Monday morning. This leaves me to have my vehicle dropped off and picked up on Saturday if it needs service.

I stopped to get dinner, and as I was driving around the parking lot my car dinged at me and a message said Parking Aid Sensor Fault. Service Required.

I've never seen this message, but used to get a Parking Aid Malfunction message every now and then. I haven't walked back out to my car, as I'm at dinner, but thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen this particular error, and did it clear the next time you got into your car?

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm at 35,000, and on vacation. I'll be over 36k by the time I get home, and I drive home Monday morning. This leaves me to have my vehicle dropped off and picked up on Saturday if it needs service.

I stopped to get dinner, and as I was driving around the parking lot my car dinged at me and a message said Parking Aid Sensor Fault. Service Required.

I've never seen this message, but used to get a Parking Aid Malfunction message every now and then. I haven't walked back out to my car, as I'm at dinner, but thought I'd ask if anyone else has seen this particular error, and did it clear the next time you got into your car?

Posted via FF Mobile
That particular error seems to be a harbinger of doom for your Transmission Control Module (TCM).
Please refer to this thread to see all the horror stories.
The good news is that if it's your TCM, it's covered under your powertrain warranty (60k), rather than the bumper-to-bumper (36k).
The bad news is that if the TCM is becoming faulty, it will leave you stranded in a most uncomfortable place.

Do what you like, but that particular error has not yet proven to be an actual "Parking Aid Malfunction" (at least not on these forums).

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I was able to hop in the car and drive the 150 miles to my destination without issue. I've had this happening since about a week after I bought the car, but like everyone else can't get a mechanic to fix it because it's so intermittent. I have photos of clean sensors and the error, but I guess I'll have to wait until it turns into a bigger problem...
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
53 Posts
That particular error seems to be a harbinger of doom for your Transmission Control Module (TCM).
Please refer to this thread to see all the horror stories.
The good news is that if it's your TCM, it's covered under your powertrain warranty (60k), rather than the bumper-to-bumper (36k).
The bad news is that if the TCM is becoming faulty, it will leave you stranded in a most uncomfortable place.

Do what you like, but that particular error has not yet proven to be an actual "Parking Aid Malfunction" (at least not on these forums).
For the 2012 Focus the TCM is listed under the 8 yr 80,000 mile warranty.
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/catalog/owner_guides/12frdwa5e.pdf
Page 18 of your warranty booklet

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
No, that message by itself does not indicate a TCM issue.

Click on the link that you posted and read the first post.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Kabigon got this one straight, just by reading thoroughly!

The parking aid malfunction symptom is an indicator of other issues ON CARS THAT DON'T HAVE THE PARKING SYSTEM.

The OP here & the one that started the thread referenced DO have the system so other issues are MUCH less likely for them when this warning is seen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts