Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys waz up, I want to buy a new sub for my car but I need some advice on it. I was wondering wich of this two is better:

*A jensen 10" 525watts with band pass enclosure (I think its called like that, it has two holes in the back and fiber glass in the front),

*or a normal walmart enclosure with a 600watts sony 10" sub

I dont wat to spend more than 80$

thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Jenson subs = ass.

sony subs arent bad, very decent for the price. throw one of those in regular sealed box, which, as you mentioned, can be had at walmart very cheap...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I prefer turkey with oil.

Oh you mean speakers. I love MTX personally but between those two I would pick Sony. Dave30 hit it right with Jensen.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Sony over Jenson any day!!!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sorry man, for 80 bucks don't expect anything good - except if you can score a good deal on e-bay. As hotfocus said, you get what you paid for. I would suggest to wait until you have a little more money to chose a decent sub.

·
Registered
845 Posts
$80 at Circuit City will get you 2 MTX 4000 or 2 JBL loud-n-clear (whichever is buy 1 get 1 free), and sometimes you can get a deal on a box too.

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
What amp is this off of? Your best bet is http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/10kx.htm . Great subs for the money. 1000 times better than sony or jensen. They are manufactur direct though so don't look fore them in stores. But that way you get much better prices. Then find a sealed box to put it in. Build one yourself, it's not too hard. 3/4" mdf wood (about $15), silcone sealent, 1 3/4"screws, and use a jigsaw and table saw of yours or a neighbor. The dimensions are on that page for the box too. Good luck.

- Scott

·
Registered
9 Posts
im thikin you should save your money as a car audio salesman neither of those are gonna last you probably near as long as maybe a rockford or crossfire or even kicker

·
Focus Enthusiast
2,208 Posts
As long as you take care of your subwoofers and don't abuse them you won't have any problems and an ed sub will last as long as any rockford, crossfire, or kicker. Taking care of your sub means setting the gains on the amp correctly so the signal dosesn't clip and distort, don't use any bass boosts, use the right amount of power for it, and use a correctly built enclosure, a sub in a bandpass enclosure is known for destroying subs if it's not built right, which is very hard to do, the front and rear chambers need to be built specificly for the sub. If you use a ported or sealed enclosure just build to the reccomendations.

- Scott

·
Registered
845 Posts
The enclosure specs are with the subs...1cu ft. is a pretty standard single sub sealed enclosure...it's almost a universal size if you know someone that's possibly looking to get rid of one to save you time and money.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts