Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my newest in cheap easy mods.

Should I keep it in that place, make it level, or move it somewhere else... I just want some peoples opinions. [confused]

·
Jetsetter
6,657 Posts
make it level for sure, and maybe even center it top to bottom, but i think it looks great regardless, good idea!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
make it level for sure, and maybe even center it top to bottom, but i think it looks great regardless, good idea!
yea i was thinking level too, and putting it center there would probably look pretty good. thanks

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
This

That looks pretty cool. What lettering or badge did you use.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took it off the back of my car using the debadging instructions on FF, then sanded, primed and painted them to match my car, and used some 3m plastic and trim adhesive to stick it on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like it, pretty good idea![thumb]

·
Registered
16 Posts
No sir I don't like it. It looks cheap.

1. remove the Focus emblem
2. get an overlay for the ford badge
3. paint the grill surround to match the car.
4. enjoy

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No sir I don't like it. It looks cheap.

1. remove the Focus emblem
2. get an overlay for the ford badge
3. paint the grill surround to match the car.
4. enjoy
the badge overlay is in my future plans, and I'm not done yet with the focus emblem, I don't currently like it either... and the color matched grill is a thought still for me. what if I took the badge off, got my emblem overlay, and color matched the grill mesh instead?

·
Registered
16 Posts
the badge overlay is in my future plans, and I'm not done yet with the focus emblem, I don't currently like it either... and the color matched grill is a thought still for me. what if I took the badge off, got my emblem overlay, and color matched the grill mesh instead?
Honestly it look worse than it does now. The lip of the grill needs to be red to break up the line between the headlight and grill.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
The lip would look OK red but the mesh should definitively stay black in my opinion. It breaks up the front end and matches the headlights.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I like it, going to do the same thing but F.O.C.U. in white and the S. in red.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The lip would look OK red but the mesh should definitively stay black in my opinion. It breaks up the front end and matches the headlights.
yea I quickly decided against the mesh when I went outside and looked at it.
I have to agree with norcal...to me doesn't flow with the car
I already moved it and it looks a little better... I'll post more pics tomorrow in the day if it doesn't rain

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It does seem very hit or miss with most people though, some like it, some don't.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Here's how it looks now

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Not to be overly picky but I might move it down just a little bit more, but if it's too much work, it looks much better there.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Personally I liked it the way you had it originally.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
[???:)][scratch] I don't know now... lol I should've had a poll for it

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
If You're gonna drop it to the center I feel it should line up with the emblem, otherwise it looks half-assed, Ya know? I like the idea, just need to dial in the placement, IMO.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts