Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here is what I have and what I'm trying to accomplish.....

What I Have

- Stock 6-disc in-dash MPC CD Stereo
- Steering column stereo controls
- Sirius Sportster unit
- MTX Thunderer Amp
- JL 10W3V2 Sub in a ported box.
- Stock Speakers

What I want.

- I would like to get an in-dash DVD player that.....
- Is compatable with the steering column controls
- Has inputs for my Sirius Unit
- Does NOT Flip Out (I don't like the flip out screens)
- Has a hack where it can be on while the car is in motion
- Is connectable to the OEM SVT Style subwoofer
- I'm going to get the OEM SVT Subwoofer and amp to save some truck space...I like bass, but the SVT Sub is plenty for me.

Screen size is not that big of an issue weather or not it's a single din or double din unit.

I've been looking at the Clairon units just from a visual standpoint and I think they look great and will match my SVT style silver/black dash great, but the ones in my price range are not compatable with the steering column controls.

So does anyone have an suggestions on a good name brand DVD Headunit?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Well I would suggest going to crutchfield and looking around there. As for the parking brake bypass, that is quite simple but you just need to come back with the make of the HU. And the SVT sub and amp can work on any car. And most stereos work with sirius now a day. I believe th Pioneer avh-p4000dvd would be your best choice. You will need this for the controls to work.

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked around crutchfield and they have a good selection and I like the fact that if the headunit is over $199, you get all of the install stuff for free.

I just want some input from everyone.

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would like to keep the total Under $600. I can do all of the install....

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really like this one....

But it's not compatable with the steering column controls.

Then there is this one, and even though it is a flip up screen, I think it looks great from a visual standpoint. It's just out of my price range by 200 bucks.....

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

This one??

Not bad and it has a ton of features..!...

·
Registered
115 Posts
go to circuit city if there is one around. I work at one and we got new pioneer stuff in like a month or 2 ago and still have some of the old ones in stock clearanced pretty low. In our store we have the $2200 pioneer with navigation built in for $800.

·
Registered
278 Posts
i like the 3rd one the best but is it compatible with ur steering wheel volume controls.

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I think that one is....

·
Registered
2,859 Posts

This one??

Not bad and it has a ton of features..!...
Yea that's the one. I bought that one a like right when it came out. It is a GREAT unit and for a great price. I bought mine off ebay for about $350 and went to Circuit city to get the dask kit and wire harness and ipod cable. It has a sh[:)] t ton of features as well. And to bypass the parking break all you have to do is ground the green(parking brake) wire. I put mine to a switch so i can flip it whenever.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Personally Pioneer is where it is at, though some of their new units have sensors that area harder to bypass then the older E-brake method. You can get around them still though. I think best buy has the Pioneer D3 on sale this week or next week if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I vote for the Kenwood DDX512....best GUI i think you will find....awesome ipod interface....works with steering wheel controls as well.....

Kenzx3....where have you been???? Best Buy has not had a D3 instock for like months???

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Besides Crutchfield, what are some good on-line stores to look at?

·
i wear no pants
17,506 Posts
woofersetc.com

alpine has better sound.

also for 600 you get what you pay for...just so you know.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts