Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pal has a 2014 Ford focus se flex fuel he said it was leaking coolant so he parked it and didn't drive it anymore when I got there 2 weeks later we tried cranking the car and as soon as it cranked the serpentine belt came off I figured since it was hot it might haved warp or something so we got new belts a serpentine belt and a stretch belt get them back on go to crank it the battery now died so we jump the car and it cranked runs for 5 seconds then slipped off again so what could this mean? I first searched why it would slip off like that and some forum said it could be one of the pulleys even the water pump so then I looked up water pumps and I guess that could be it but what do you guys think I should do

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Thats why theres a tensioner.....IDK about any stretch belt as you mentioned. What do all the pulleys look like? Are they all lined up? You have the right size belt? Why did it overheat?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Sounds to me like the problems could be related, i.e., the water pump starts leaking coolant, gets into the pump bearings and it seizes up so it gets the belt hot when it runs and the belt slips off. Just a wild guess with the limited info available.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts