Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2015 Ford Focus SE from a Hertz Dealership in Richardson,TX.
I am a college student at UNT, so my options were pretty limited on what I could buy. I decided to go with the Ford Focus because I needed it to commute to my internship. I have to travel from Denton to Addison on a daily basis, which is about an hour commute. When I purchased the car, it had 39K miles on it, which I know is sort of high for it being a 2015 considering I purchased it in March 2016, but I needed a car desperately. I didn't purchase the extended warranty because I am a damn college student and it is a 2015, so I figured I wouldn't see failure for a while.

I purchased the car for about $12K. Five months later into owing the car and while I was traveling from Dallas to San Antonio for business, my transmission control module fails. I was warned with an alert on my dash saying " Alert: Transmission failure. Service now." The transmission then begins to act like it doesn't know what gear to be in. I exit the highway and pull over immediately.

I called a tow truck using Ford Road Side Assistance, and proceed to wait for a tow truck for 3 HOURS in the middle of a thunderstorm. (Which I know is the service provider's fault, but Ford proceeded to wait on the provider even though they said they were "10 minutes away," for 3 HOURS.

The car has been at the Johnson Brothers Dealership for a week to get serviced by their mechanics. The transmission control module is still on back order from Ford.I am covered by the Power-train warranty, luckily.

I have been in contact with Ford Customer Service and they refuse to give me a loaner, even though it may be up to a week til they receive the part needed.

Is this something common with Ford? Is service suppose to be this terrible?
As of right now, I regret purchasing this Ford Focus.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I purchased a 2015 Ford Focus SE from a Hertz Dealership in Richardson,TX.
I am a college student at UNT, so my options were pretty limited on what I could buy. I decided to go with the Ford Focus because I needed it to commute to my internship. I have to travel from Denton to Addison on a daily basis, which is about an hour commute. When I purchased the car, it had 39K miles on it, which I know is sort of high for it being a 2015 considering I purchased it in March 2016, but I needed a car desperately. I didn't purchase the extended warranty because I am a damn college student and it is a 2015, so I figured I wouldn't see failure for a while.

I purchased the car for about $12K. Five months later into owing the car and while I was traveling from Dallas to San Antonio for business, my transmission control module fails. I was warned with an alert on my dash saying " Alert: Transmission failure. Service now." The transmission then begins to act like it doesn't know what gear to be in. I exit the highway and pull over immediately.

I called a tow truck using Ford Road Side Assistance, and proceed to wait for a tow truck for 3 HOURS in the middle of a thunderstorm. (Which I know is the service provider's fault, but Ford proceeded to wait on the provider even though they said they were "10 minutes away," for 3 HOURS.

The car has been at the Johnson Brothers Dealership for a week to get serviced by their mechanics. The transmission control module is still on back order from Ford.I am covered by the Power-train warranty, luckily.

I have been in contact with Ford Customer Service and they refuse to give me a loaner, even though it may be up to a week til they receive the part needed.

Is this something common with Ford? Is service suppose to be this terrible?
As of right now, I regret purchasing this Ford Focus.

I regret my purchase also, but nothing i can do about it also. I keep reading tcm replacements comes with a "free" 1 day only rental. But since its on back order im not sure how that'll work.

Someone will chime in soon for some helpful information.

Sorry, your new 2015 for car is being a head ache. So many of us here feel your same pain. [welcome]

·
Old Phart
44,595 Posts
Not much we can say that helps, you've tried the usual avenues for special assistance and can only try again if the situation gets longer. At some point it may reach a level for special consideration.

Only Ford and the Dealer know the actual parts status, and the rep you spoke to wouldn't have that info. directly.

They DO sell an extended warranty that includes a rental, so they can't give one out for every issue (unfair to those who paid for it).

At the cost of those plans, you may still end up ahead of the game by not purchasing it even though it's no fun now. Can't always outguess what may happen, some make that choice knowing that on average you come out ahead without the insurance - taking the chance they won't be one who could have used it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts