Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried switching discs and my cd changer just froze. Like I tried pressing the other numbers and tried to eject all the cds but that didnt do anything either. so i took the radio out and unplugged it and i guess that reset it but now when i try to play cd's it says E-3 error and it says no dics even though i still have 6 in it. Is there a way to fix this or does it seem like i have to buy a new unit?

Thanks,
Ian

·
Registered
433 Posts
You have to take it to a dealer if its under warranty they will replace it. But you can not fix it with out taking the whole thing apart, and you have to have like a masters in electronic engineering to make it work again. Basically the factory one is done.

·
Registered
62 Posts
something silly but did you try to disconnect the battery for a few min then connect it again .... dont really know never had the problem just suggesting something if not ill dig up my stock radio if anything you pay for shipping and you can have it

·
Registered
62 Posts
something silly but did you try to disconnect the battery for a few min then connect it again .... dont really know never had the problem just suggesting something if not ill dig up my stock radio if anything you pay for shipping and you can have it

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i didnt disconnect the battery but i disconnected the entire radio from the car which, i think, has the same effect. like it reset the radio. is your radio the 6 disc changer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts