Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty... so last night, I decided to repaint my cluster gauges. It took me a long time to do, which was fine, yet when I went to put them back in, the needles did not work. The temperature needle just stays at zero; the RPM needle, when I turn my car on, jumps up to 5 and pretends that that is actually 1; the speedometer, again, when I turn my car on, jumps straight up to 120 KM/H and once again pretends that it is 0; and my gas gauge, which should be reading 1/4 tank reads that it is beyond full. I have tried turning it on and off and tried turning it just before the car starts and no luck. I have tried driving it around the yard a little bit but I was worried I might wreck the gauges so I have just parked it for now. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Did you remove the needles?
If so, you put them back on wrong.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you remove the needles?
If so, you put them back on wrong.
When it is running it still stays at 120 though... do you think that that is probably it? Or could it be something else? I am going to drive it for about an hour and then see if they start to work. I will also try taking the needles off again and putting them on in the reverse order.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
You seem to not be able to answer my simple question. So I'm unable to help further.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
They're obviously in the wrong positions, so you'll need to change them.

RPM starts at 5? OK, then move it left enough that it'd be at 1.

Gauge sweep that's part of the cluster test function in Test mode will help show how far off they are, you'll need to remove & replace until they sit where they belong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts