Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
Welcome to FF!

Moved this to the Forced Induction section for the best responses.

While that location might seem simple & direct, I'd say it's prob. NOT a good spot to tap into for a gauge.

A boost control line is normally kept separate from all other connections simply because it's the most critical and needs the best response at the controller. Anything else that might affect that response or possibly fail to affect it shouldn't be included.

Tee into another vacuum line or unused source would be my suggestion, others can give more ideas on specifics and more details on your setup might help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would not tap into that line. That is for the bypass valve that opens the by pass so you do not make boost all the time for example at idle.

·
Registered
363 Posts
there is a couple of barbs on the back of that manny IIRC. tap into one of those not the brake booster one though. should be in the middle.

·
FF Affiliate
30,513 Posts
On the pass side of the fire wall there is a round plastic canister with a green cap , on that is a Vac line end is rubber rest is hard plastic Vac like , use that line for your boost gauge

Tom

·
Registered
29 Posts
On the pass side of the fire wall there is a round plastic canister with a green cap , on that is a Vac line end is rubber rest is hard plastic Vac like , use that line for your boost gauge

Tom

Where wud the canister be ive looked and im not seeing one on the passenger side fire wall

·
Registered
29 Posts

Tom

I have looked all over for a plastic canister with a green cap i cant seem to find it

·
FF Affiliate
30,513 Posts
I now see the guy that started this was from 2016 ,and it was a supercharger on a older Zetec Focus , I cant help on the 1.0 eco boost , any Vac hose off the intake will have boost psi , post a few pictures and I will try to help

Tom

·
Registered
586 Posts
This is the turbo hose layout for the 1.0 ecoboost in the focus incase anyone needs to know what goes where without crawling under the hood.
Hope this helps those looking for where to figure out their boost gauge.
sfy~us~en~file=e172140_eur_580.jpg~gen~ref.jpg

1 - 19 of 19 Posts