Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been chasing a p1132 code for a while now. (Over lean) Thier must be 50 things that can cause that code from what I know. I'm wondering if any of you tunners out thier have delt with this, and may be able to help me pin point the issue. It's almost like a bad MAF, or opsite of a bad TPS. Anything under 1/2 throtle, it don't like. But up top, and WOT it's fine. It idles very lean. I can smell it, it's that bad. I've looked for a bent fuel line thinking I may have a crimp in it restricting low fuel pressure, but alowing high fuel pressure with no problems. I'm chaning the fuel fliter tomarrow, but any other ideas? The SES light comes on and off on it's own with out me clearing it. But like I said, on 2k and under does it seem to have issues. Or cruising. And when I let off, I don't get the snap crackle pop that is so comeon for the SVT Focus, it feels as if all fuel is cut off until I come to a stop, or engage the clutch. Any help here is welcomed. Thanks.

·
FF Affiliate
31,093 Posts
My opinion is take it back to who tuned it and have the tune checked , With out seeing what the trims are and seeing what was done in the tune its hard to say what is going on , If it is good at WOT that puts far more demand on the fuel system then at part throttle so it isnt a line or a fuel filter

WOT uses open loop where idle and part throttle uses closed loop so my guess is it is something in your tune

Tom

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Crap, I hope it's not the tune, nothing has changed in more then 3 years. And to tell you the truth, I'll never go back to them. They were horible, and knew NOTHING about the SVT Focus. Thier big V8 guys, FastLane MotorSports. They could not even put my car back togeather correctly. Bumper mis alinged, left blinker bulb and housing MISSING, right head light not hooked up, battery mount too far forward causing the fog light mount to rub, MAF wires wedged between frame and MAF sensor, the wires rubbed through!!! A bunhc of other crap. This was more then 3 years ago. I can't even moddify the paramiters of the tune, they have it locked. Witch is why I'll be using you after I get settled down where ever the Corps puts me.

Anything else Tom other then the tune that could be affecting this?

Thanks for the help.

Edit: fyi, not only at WOT does it run fine, but also at highway speeds. Anything over 2k rpms and it's fine. Even if I let off, then roll back onto it. No problems. Mostly at idle and low speed cruiseing.

Edit 2: You think I should try to re0load the original, then the Vortech tune back on it? What fueses do I pull again? Ahhh, I'll do a search and try that. but still, if you have anymore ideas, please let me know.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
o.k. I did some datalogging today, this is what I got...

Ambiant Air temp - 94*F, man it was a hto one today.
Speed - 60mph for 10 min with cruise control set.
RPM - 2630 avg, from 2627-2636rpms.
IAT - 96*F, after a WOT 1-2 gears I saw 120#F, and in town normal driving it floted at 100*F.
Eng Coolent temp - 198*F, need to instal my 180* T/S, in town normal driving it floted at 200*F.
MAF V - 1.8-2.1v, nothing not normal here.
02S V - 0.14-0.91v, now this is where I think my problem is...

The code I keep throughing is a P1132. 'H02S11 not present, system indicates ritch.' That means a Over Lean Condition. I have never monitered my 02s volts before, but I did notice that everytime the volts droped below 0.8 is when I had a lean condition. Every time it droped down below 0.4 in nuetral it had a hard time idleing. I'm thinking that thier is a short or somthing that is causing my volts to drop??? Or would a bad 02 cause this? I've had bad 02s on this car several times in the past, but it never through this code, and it never ran like this.

I did not re-load the tune yet becuase of the data logging I did. I don't think it is the tune. Like I said before, I have not changed the tune in several years.

I hope with this info, someone can help me pin point the issue. Please help.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yikes! That's it a long drive Sir. I really want to have you tune it but, I am getting ready to be shipped to Cali for recruiting duty. I leave on the 24th. Not sure I can safe enough cash before then to pay you for your work, and still be able to afford moving my wife, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and the house accrosed the country.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump. Need help please. Just got orders, driveing from NC to CA on the 24th.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts