Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 2 months ago I went and had new tires put on my car. After I got it home I noticed they left a dent in my passenger door and a big scuff on my headliner from putting my old tires in the back. I called them back, they said they would forward it to their claims dept. Well after I had left message after message with claims for 2 months they finally called me back yesterday and told me since I didn't notify them before leaving the lot, they don't think it happened there. So I filed a claim with BBB and they are fighting that too.

What can I do? I just want my car fixed.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Get a lawyer involved and they will have to eat that bill also.

·
Registered
345 Posts
A lot of the time there's nothing you can do because you have no "proof". I know my uncle took his mercedes through a car wash and something in it had broke so it left a huge scratch on the side. and they said he had no proof it happened there. Needless to say he never went back and he had to pay the damages himself. Good luck

·
Registered
733 Posts
where did you get the tires done?

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
A lot of the time there's nothing you can do because you have no "proof". I know my uncle took his mercedes through a car wash and something in it had broke so it left a huge scratch on the side. and they said he had no proof it happened there. Needless to say he never went back and he had to pay the damages himself. Good luck
most drive in car wash have siggns thtat say we are not responsible for damaged done to your vehicle etc.. since you drove off the lot itll be a bit more difficult.. but if you get legal on them theyll give in they never want bad rep... just make sure you take a lot of pics and make notes on the days you call them..

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
'getting legal' on them may do nothing. i had a serious issue with pep boys. they did my clutch on another car of mine. i pick it up, leave, and the clutch went to the floor as i crossed the street, and wouldnt come back up. they never bled it. then, after that was fixed, i noticed a loud reverberating chirp, oscillating. you put the clutch in, it went away. i brought it back, they said it was not them. they said it was a retainer clip on the other side of the axle. so, i said, ok, fix that, and see if the noise goes away you liars. they said, 'oh, we dont get involved with cv axles.' yeah...right. i asked them to take it apart and look again. it was OBVIOUS to everyone that it was the throwout bearing, but they would not look at it unless i paid for it to be done again.

so, they said, look, go to this shop down the street. if that guy says its bad, ill fix it for you again. suspicious, i looked them up. turned out pep boys owned this other shop. so, i took it to not one, but THREE other shops, had them do a free diagnosis, and they all said it was the throwout bearing. i went back to pep boys, with all 3 written reports. manager tells me 'i cant pay any attn to those...u didnt go to my guy i rec'd to you, so i dont know if any of these other guys know what they are doing.'

eventually, they would not take my calls, and the mgr refused to speak to me when i went in person. i called the regional guy, their cust. serv. lines, and the BBB. i was denied on all fronts. i finally sued them. i lost. they got these big-time lawyers for small-claims court and picked me apart. by that point, i had 2 more diagnoses, and had actually had it fixed...AMAZINGLY, it was the THROWOUT BEARING!!!

the writeup from that shop showed that pep boys did not install it properly. i still lost. i even brought them copies of over a dozen other similar complaints for the same center. didnt matter. the judge said it was still POSSIBLE that the noise was there b4 i brought it in. i will never go to pep boys again for service, and i hope none of you ever do either. the bbb is useless too.

·
GT40 all the things!
9,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow that sucks. I hope that I don't have to go through that. I thought about taking them to court, but it would probably cost less to have it fixed myself.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
thats what they expect you to decide, which is why it sucks to be the little guy. one thing i will say is when u have work done, make sure you check everything b4 you leave. leaving the premises kills your case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts